New Eldar

A review of past Alien Tactics by commanders during the First and Second Phase Expansion.
mont'ka
Shas

Post#73 » Oct 23 2006 10:16

Well since the Farseer is NOT a Harli, the Harli special rules will not work.
So they would lose the ignore difficult terrain, hit-and-run and furious charge special rules.
I'm not sure I'd be stupid enough to include a Farseer in my Harli squad!

Mephet'ran
Shas

Post#74 » Oct 23 2006 10:49

Well, first, unless the rules for fortune have changed, the Farseer does not have to be part of the unit to confer it to them, he can just stand in their midst and be protected by his IC status.
And secondly, neither FC nor MTC are lost by a unit if they are joined by an IC who does not have the rule. I don't know about the harlie's special MTC rule, but FC certainly isn't lost.
Mephet'ran
-MTT Old School

mont'ka
Shas

Post#75 » Oct 23 2006 10:57

In my rule book second alinea under USR it sais they do when either an IC joins the squad or the otherway around.
Besides the Farseer will slow them down in terrain AND will get his ass blown off by being the most close target as you can alway ignore the Harli's if you want.
Since a Farseer is now also just T3 not a good idea I think.
Fortune has a 6"range.

Flashman
Por'Ui
Por'Ui

Post#76 » Oct 23 2006 02:08

Like I've said before I'll reserve judgement until I've actually bought and read and then re-read their codex, but having just had a quick look at this months WD to get an idea of how expensive a Farseer is.... Well let's just say the one they used is over 100pts add that to a Harlie unit with some upgrades and I guess we're talking about a 300pts 10 man T3 unit verses a 10 man T4 vespid unit.... costing half as much. As for double Smart Fury (SoF?!) that's what nearly 500pts?! ...

As I said before my arguments based on points cost as well as speed and special rules. Vespid are faster, cheaper than all of the above and have competitive special rules.

Till next time:
#43 formally known as El' & yes I still come here

mont'ka
Shas

Post#77 » Oct 23 2006 02:20

Farseer is 55pts but comes equiped with Wichblade,pistol and Ghosthelm.
Powers are about the same, Mindwar being 5pts more expencive.
New power is Doom, at 25pts, causes re-roll to wound on enemy infantry unit within 24".
Cheers B.

Soji
Por'Ui
Por'Ui

Post#78 » Oct 23 2006 02:53

Vespids ? If they can fire, they will be charged and exterminated on the next turn. You will need around 4 Vespid to kill oone Harlie, all in all, so 64 points lost per 18~22pts destroyed, and you will not really slow them down (you might help them move if you aren't properly placed).

SoF is Seprent of Fury.
55/1/0

Soji, as always at your service

Ryzouken
Shas

Post#79 » Oct 23 2006 05:30

and yes, it's 500 points or so, but it's 500 points or so in Troops. Which is a good way towards filling out the 40% troop requirement that certain tournaments grade sportsmanship on (but that's a wholly different debate).

Dumping a railgun sub round on those Avengers is actually a pretty good idea, if we don't want to do something tricky and make them want to keep their serpent in one place...

Colonel Marksman
Shas

Post#80 » Oct 24 2006 10:12

I knew the Harilquin kiss would become a rending weapon...

But I didn't know the Harliquins are offical.

THAT is what scares me.

Now then, did they get rid of the Seer Council? I've asked about 5 people and nobody answers me.
Tau overpowered? No, everyone else is under.

Fish&Chips
Shas

Post#81 » Oct 24 2006 12:47

Seer Council has been replaced by farseer being able to take 10 Warlocks, at least, to my understanding.

As for bait, if you truly want to have them take the lure, make it look the exact opposite. Stronghold of FW, a HH "mispositioned," he/she will see the 'opportunity' and attempt to kill it...

...while you sneak around back and continue to slaughter the cone-heads.
Is fearr Gaeilge bhriste ná Béarla cliste.

Flashman
Por'Ui
Por'Ui

Post#82 » Oct 24 2006 01:24

On a side note the Eldar minis are looking pretty nice. :crafty: I'm thinking of collecting some even if I don't collect a whole force. Which is not something I'd usually do. Damn you GW I want to hate you so much... but. I. keep. coming. back. for... more :::(
#43 formally known as El' & yes I still come here

Colonel Marksman
Shas

Post#83 » Oct 24 2006 01:35

El'Flashman wrote:On a side note the Eldar minis are looking pretty nice. :crafty: I'm thinking of collecting some even if I don't collect a whole force. Which is not something I'd usually do. Damn you GW I want to hate you so much... but. I. keep. coming. back. for... more :::(

My cousin and I proxie. We play Ork vs Dark Eldar even though neither of us have those models.

So we like to spit in their face that way.
Tau overpowered? No, everyone else is under.

El'Iey'Asu
Shas

Post#84 » Nov 02 2006 05:59

The new Walkers look sort of interesting but how can GW claim that they are no-longer open topped ?

There seems to be a pretty big gap between the windscreen and the back of the cockpit.

Soji
Por'Ui
Por'Ui

Post#85 » Nov 02 2006 06:20

There's a force field. He has always been there, but it didn't count as closing the walker before. Since it's just as effective as heavy armor to block incoming fire, it allow the walker not to be open topped anymore.
55/1/0

Soji, as always at your service

El'Iey'Asu
Shas

Post#86 » Nov 02 2006 06:41

Thanks for the clarification, Soji.
The old walkers just had the pilot sitting on an exposed seat didn't they. :D

The old invisible force field trick (saves GWs from their own must be modelled rule). I thought they were going to pull that trick on the Vyper's gunner too when I read about them being closed too at the the start of the thread.

Return to “Archival Datacore”