Tau Combat Patrol + Eldar

A review of past Alien Tactics by commanders during the First and Second Phase Expansion.
Atomic
Shas

Post#19 » Dec 14 2006 12:43

Dal'yth Dude wrote:Why take another unit that moves 12" and has a S6 short range gun? It really seems redundant with Tau suits on the board. I use my stealth suits the same way I run Spiders, so perhaps I am missing the advantages.

Thet clock in slightly faster with better BS and CC capabilities, plus a higher strength gun. They're also cheaper.
They lose the stealth field, range and one shot each, as well as a pip of toughness. They're more unpredictable, too.

It's hard to say which is better - but when you factor in squad sizes and the exarch my vote goes to the spiders.

Rogen
Shas

Post#20 » Dec 14 2006 05:49

I would avoid CC unit, as if you charge you protect the enemy from your shooting.

Good aspects are dark reapers, they have the best gun for combat patrol.
Also good are shining spears as they are realy good at hitting fast and hard, and they can get out of combat so you can still shoot.
Warp spiders are also fine, but bikes are better.
And Dire avagers are also fine unit, give them bladestorm and they greatly enhance your force.

Spooky
Shas

Post#21 » Dec 14 2006 06:35

I'm definitely trying to avoid a "cheddar" list

whaaaat? but this is for a prize

But if you join the 'el to a unit of 2 Aspects(if that small a unit is even possible) then, due to majority armor rules your Aspect warriors will now have a 2+ save!

no, no they don't. majority armour rules just mean the first wounds have to get allocated to the models with a 2+ armour. it doesn't confer a 2+ save to the other models.

Spooky
Shas

Post#22 » Dec 14 2006 06:38

i'd take 6 FWs, minimum warp spiders, and the rest of the pts in crisis suits with missile/plasma. WS's have fake-JSJ so work the same way as suits.
assault aspects aren't that useful against other combat patrols.

Ryzouken
Shas

Post#23 » Dec 14 2006 07:07

Spooky: what about the idea of Reapers? Large amounts of S5 Ap3 can't be too bad, right? Take crisis with missiles and fusion for tank busting (or just plasma) and that smells like a pretty decent static CP list...

Spooky
Shas

Post#24 » Dec 14 2006 09:24

static CPs arent decent though.

Return to “Archival Datacore”