2,000pts Farsight Enclave.

Cadres who fought and bled under 6th edition rules.
Iasius
Shas

2,000pts Farsight Enclave.

Post#1 » Mar 23 2014 04:43

Hey all,

Whilst building a 2,000pts army list for Tau, i looked into the Farsight Enclave...big mistake as now im hooked! :D

The goal of this list is to be able to field a fully suit and drone army although im not sure how best to use one.

I have a commander with bodyguard focussed around the mass use of missile pods with velocity trackers for anti air/light vehicle. As well as sub commander torchstar to go with my marker drones to bring some badly needed markerlights. Heavy hitting is in the form of a riptide and broadsides with some XV9s as support.

Im basically asking where my flaws and weaknesses lie so i can develop a strategy around them, or alter the list accordingly. This is for non-tournament games against any potential opponent which makes this a bit harder.

Farsight Enclave: 1,989pts

HQ - XV89 Commander: 192pts
Shas'O, XV89 Battlesuit, Command & Control Node, Velocity Tracker, Drone Controller, Iridium, 2x Missile Drones.

Bodyguard - XV8 Crisis Bodyguard Team: 226pts
2x Shas'ui, 2x Twin-linked Missile Pod, 2x Missile Pod, 2x Velocity Tracker, 4x Missile Drones, Bonding Knife Ritual.

HQ - Sub Commander Torchstar: 154pts
XV8 Crisis Battlesuit, 2x Flamers, Target Lock, Drone Controller, 2x Marker Drones, Multi-Sensor Spectrum Suite, Neuroweb System Jammer.

Troops - XV8 Crisis Team: 136pts
2x Shas'ui, Shas'vre, 2x Plasma Rifle, Bonding Knife Ritual.

Elites - XV104 Riptide: 190pts
Ion Accelerator, Twin-Linked Smart Missile System, Vectored Retro-Thrust.

Fast Attack - XV9 'Hazard' Close Support Team: 243pts
3x Shas'yr, 2x Twin-Linked Burst Cannons, 3x Vectored Retro-Thrusters, 3x Early Warning Override.

Fast Attack - Drone Squardon: 112pts
8x Marker Drones.

Heavy Support - XV88 Broadside Team: 232pts
2x Shas'ui, Shas'vre, Twin-Linked Heavy Rail System, Twin-Linked Smart Missile System, 3x Seeker Missiles, Bonding Knife Ritual.

Heavy Support - XV88 Broadside Team: 232pts
2x Shas'ui, Shas'vre, Twin-Linked Heavy Rail System, Twin-Linked Smart Missile System, 3x Seeker Missiles, Bonding Knife Ritual.

Ive left a few points spare, and all crisis suits will have magnetised weapons so i can alter their roles and priorities depending on the opponent.

Aun Tier
Por'Vre
Por'Vre

Re: 2,000pts Farsight Enclave.

Post#2 » Mar 23 2014 06:35

Iasius,

As it stands your post is lacking substance. With Advanced Tau Tactica's apprehensive history towards Army List posts, we expect more detail and explanation to allow in-depth critique that is specific to your own context. Please expand upon:
- The method with which you intend to achieve your goal.
- Your reasons for making each unit choice.
- Any preferences or limitations for how you could alter your list.

Doing these things will allow members to critique you without risk of making suggestions which are moot for reasons you did not share, as well as increasing the value of the criticism you receive.

Please make sure to read through all of the Stickies and Announcements in the Cadre Building Section before revising your post.
Cadre Building Best Practice,
A Guide to List-Building,
How To Post An Army List,
List Style Guide.

EDIT:

Looking at some of your other posts, this is something that would have been worthwhile to mention.

Iasius wrote:Currently i own no Tau models, i wanted to know exactly what i want to play with before i bought anything. Once i get back i will be playing casual games until im back into the swing of things.

Regards,
Por'vre Tier.
Truth was flame against a sleeping lake of petrol.

Iasius
Shas

Post#3 » Mar 23 2014 08:28

Okay, im going to have to get better at this! :dead:

Feel free to delete this topic if thats the done thing, and il repost when i can add more information. Thanks!

Aun Tier
Por'Vre
Por'Vre

Post#4 » Mar 24 2014 01:35

Really, the main point is whether you are trying to improve. Jut have a good read through the stickies, and then amend your post when you think you can bring it up to snuff. I'll leave the thread open, so just edit your initial post when you're ready.

Once you've done that, I'll let you know whether there's anything else you should add. :smile:
Truth was flame against a sleeping lake of petrol.

Return to “Archival Datacore - 6th Edition”