2000 point Tau Ally Farsight for tourney

Cadres who fought and bled under 6th edition rules.
millweezy
Shas

2000 point Tau Ally Farsight for tourney

Post#1 » Apr 08 2014 01:59

Hi ATT,

I’m preparing an army for a 2000k tournament and would like some advice on the list that I am running.
My army list has done very well but, I’ve only tested it twice thus far. It’s designed around a strong backfield anchor of broadsides and riptides with an ethereal bubble. It has two strategies depending on if I get to go first or second. If I go first deploy as close to the enemy as possible and destroy my top priorities with a massive Alpha strike in a very aggressive “why are tau closing me” style. If I go second I blob in a corner based on where the enemy deploys using distance to make some of his units ineffective while killing what I need dead and bringing the rest of his army in piecemeal.

List:
Primary detachment (tau)

HQ- Commander- drone controller, multi-system spectrum suite, Neuroweb system jammer, Puretide Engram Neurochip, iridium armor: 155 pts.
(Designed to be placed in my HRR broadside unit with marker drones)

Elite- Riptide- Ion Accelerator, fusions: 185 pts
Elite- Crisis team, suicide suit 2x fusion: 52 pts

Troops-12 FW’s w/ pulse rifles: 108 pts
Troops-12 FW’s w/ pulse rifles: 108 pts
Troops- 19 Kroot w/ sniper rounds pts: 133 pts

Fast Attack- Tetra- sensor spines: 40 pts.
Fast Attack- Tetra- sensor spines: 40 pts.

Heavy Support- 3x Broadsides w/ HRR, Target locks, 6 marker drones, smartmissles: 282 pts
Heavy Support- 3x Broadsides w/ HYMP, EWO, smartmissles: 210 pts
Heavy Support- 2x Broadsides w/ HYMP, EWO, smartmissles: 140 pts

Allies (Farsight Enclaves)
HQ- Ethereal: 50 pts

Elite- Riptide- Ion Accelerator, fusions: 185 pts

Troops-3x’s suits w/ 2x plasma: 159pts
Troops- Crisis team, suicide suit 2x fusion: 52 pts

Heavy Support- Skyray: 115 pts
Total: 2000 pts.

Pros:
-The list has so much firepower it has tabled my opponents for both games I played by end of 3 and end of 4.
-It has 5 scoring units
- So many different scary things makes opponent make mistakes when shooting
Cons :
-foot slogging army could be difficult for objective control
-not sure if I have enough anti air support
-Plate dropping armies

Main questions I have for everyone while looking at list.
1. What army list will I have a lot of trouble with and how I can mitigate that damage?
2. Is there something that I’m bringing that could be done better by another unit or for cheaper?
3. How common are Psyker lists and how would this army handle them? Mainly Eldar.
4. Would incorporating the 4d6 12” Psyker denying the witch be worth adding based on opponents I will be playing?
Quick Battle experiences of some of these units.
- The HRR Broadsides that are supported by a commander with ignore cover and tankhunter.
o These guys never end a turn without a vehicle dead unless there aren’t any left
o I’ve seen them take out 2 devilfish and a Skyray in one turn. Unfortunately these were my devilfish and Skyray
- Kroot w/ sniper rounds are my monster killers with the right marker light support I’ve downed Riptides and Wraith monsters with ease
- 2 riptides soak up so many wounds that the rest of my army can act as it pleases
- All infantry units remain in 12”s of my Ethereal
I wrote this in class so I had to finish quickly before it was over. I’m sorry if I missed something that is required, but had no way to save it.

Thanks for reading, appreciate the feed back.
Josh

samuraioshovah
Shas

Re: 2000 point Tau Ally Farsight for tourney

Post#2 » Apr 09 2014 01:52

The list is nice...too static. I am work so I am doing this quickly, I would spring for one or two Devilfishes with nothing just to have a safe APC/coffin to get your guys to distant objectives. Just a recommendation.
Mobile Armor Division...71-12-11 2014 Season 14-4-3

millweezy
Shas

Post#3 » Apr 10 2014 01:39

I love to run mobile lists but with them I’m really weak to a lot of different types of threats and have less shooting for my points. I have problems with monstrous creatures, flyers and drop pod armies with it. Though this list is static for the points of a D-fish I feel I add more shooting to my list. I'm hoping to accomplish wound saturation to win and use my 2 deep strike suit teams for objectives on the other side of table. It has worked pretty well though I haven't won a game yet from objectives, it just shoots things off the table.

CariadocThorne
Shas

Post#4 » Apr 10 2014 04:16

Just curious, why Tetras in a static list?

millweezy
Shas

Post#5 » Apr 10 2014 04:33

I use them for the homing beacons and how cheap they are are. I move them as far foward as possible with scout movement behind cover so my deepstrikers can get closer. Should I switch them out?

Return to “Archival Datacore - 6th Edition”