1850 Shadowsight bomb Riptide variant

Cadres who fought and bled under 6th edition rules.
Bodexius
Shas

1850 Shadowsight bomb Riptide variant

Post#1 » Apr 13 2014 07:23

So this is something that I have wanted to try for a while and in the next couple of weeks I might have the chance to give it a go. I do this for hilarity, not because it makes sense fluff-wise :D

HQ (300)
Commander Shadowsun
Commander Farsight

Crises Body guard
C&C Node, MSSS, PEN, drone controller - 90

Crises bodyguard
Target lock, 2 x plasma rifle - 67

Crises bodyguard
Target lock, 2 x plasma rifle - 67

Crises bodyguard
Fusion blaster, flamer, neuroweb, iridium - 84

Crises bodyguard
Fusion blaster, flamer, target lock - 57

Crises bodyguard
2 x missile pod, target lock - 67

Crises bodyguard
2 x missile pod, target lock - 67

Gun drones x 5

Elite
Riptide -Ion Acc, velocity tracker, TL fusion blaster, EWO - 210
Riptide - Ion Acc, velocity tracker, TL fusion blaster, EWO - 210
Riptide - Ion Acc, TL fusion blasters - 185

Troops
FW x 9 - 81
FW x 9 - 81
FW x 8 - 72
FW x 7 - 63
Kroot x 12 - sniper rounds, kroot hound x 1 - 89

Plan
Farsight would be my warlord allowing me to deepstrike exactly where I wish. Generally this will be near to any key tanks or HQ/ warlord and so forth. The bomb is capable of engaging any target, the drones and the iridium suit are there for protection. Each suit can fire at different targets to maximise their weapon options, remembering of course that they hilariously ignore cover and get re rolls to hit - trolololol.

The riptides are there to cover each other and taking down 1 requires dedicated effort, so having 3 to contend with would be daunting for anyone... they also offer skyfire to a limited extent and can be used for shooting hordes with blasts, tanks or transports with their fusion blasters, though I had though to make them SMS instead.

I have 5 troop choices which is pretty decent for Tau, allowing me to be more aggressive with them if I need to. The kroot of course can infiltrate to where I might need them, or outflank. 5 choices allows me to sacrifice some units if necessary and capture multiple objectives meaning I don't have to rely on just denying or wiping out to win.

No markerlights? I don't really need them for this list, the bomb doesn't need them, the warriors should do fine without, the riptides are the ones which would benefit the most and of course it would be lovely to have them on there, but at the same time, this is why I have 3 lol.

I have yet to test this, but I look forward to scaring my local meta lol.
Peace Through Power!

Shas'O Knightblade
Shas

Re: 1850 Shadowsight bomb Riptide variant

Post#2 » Apr 16 2014 08:52

Greeting fellow Tau :D
i feel that your loss of Markerlight support will greatly reduce your allocation of fire power
and yes while markerlights don't directly effect your iron accelerators but their use to deny cover
could be incredibly useful, and with shadowsun will she be joining Farsights team to grant 2+ cover? and maybe 3d6 moves? and maybe make that last fire warrior team 8 man strong. but yes that list will be incredibly hard to take on and i am so trying something similar :fear:
Prosper as Tau Shall Commander :)
Prosper as Tau shall

Return to “Archival Datacore - 6th Edition”