1500 Farisght Enclave tournament help

Cadres who fought and bled under 6th edition rules.
redrainofdeath
Shas

1500 Farisght Enclave tournament help

Post#1 » Apr 20 2014 02:23

Hello ATT, long time no post!

I will be participating in the 1500pt event at Texas Games Con, and would appreciate help refining a competitive list that falls inside the guidelines posted on their website. (http://txgamescon.com/40k/)

Now on to the list. I will be using Farsight Enclaves. The list comes out the 1500pts on the nose.

HQ

Commander (140pts)
Drone Controller
Missile pod x 2
Target Lock
Marker Drone

Commander (140pts)
Drone Controller
Missile pod x 2
Target Lock
Marker Drone

Fast Attack

Marker Drone Squad (56pts)
x4 Marker Drone

Marker Drone Squad (56pts)
x4 Marker Drone

Elite

Riptide (190pts)
Ion Accelerator
EWO
Fusion Blaster

Riptide (230pts)
HBC
ECPA
VT
Smart Missile

Troops

Crisis Squad (159pts)
3x Crisis
Bonding Knife x3
Missile pod x6

Crisis Squad (159pts)
3x Crisis
Bonding Knife x3
Plasma Rifle x6

Crisis Squad (53pts)
1x Crisis
Bonding Knife
Fusion Blaster x2

Crisis Squad (53pts)
1x Crisis
Bonding Knife
Fusion Blaster x2

Heavy Support

Broadside Squad (132pts)
2x Broadside
Bonding Knife x2
HYMP
Smart Missile

Broadside Squad (132pts)
2x Broadside
Bonding Knife x2
HYMP
Smart Missile

Total 1500pts

Now, the strategy. Commanders with drone squadron thowing out their BS5 markerlights and missile pods. Broadsides hopefully are able to find some ruins with decent LOS to hide in. The HBC riptide is on flyer/monsterous creature hunting duties. The IA riptide deters deepstrikers and hopefully takes care of some 2+ armor while he is at it. The large crisis teams do their JSJ thing midfield, hopefully living long enough to grab an objective or two. The Monats deepstike in hopefully taking out some harder armor, maybe even a Knight. If there aren't any good targets for the monats then they can deepstike onto an objective or grab linebreaker.

What worries me is the low number of scoring units I have. I was thinking or dropping one of the commanders and the corresponding drone squadron, or the IA riptide. The issue I get into with those options are either: A) reducing markerlights to just the one squad or, B) Losing my AP2 large blast.

Do I leave the list as is or try to squeeze in another scoring squad? What would you change? Any comments, concerns, and critisisms are welcome.

Carrelio
Shas

Re: 1500 Farisght Enclave tournament help

Post#2 » Apr 20 2014 04:55

I've been thinking about nearly the exact same list (except with hammerheads instead of broadsides in mine to provide cover for the other stuff in the backfield), and I've been doing some research on the general idea. I haven't actually played it for myself yet, but I've seen enough similar lists to know it is relatively effective at what it does.

At my local GW a list similar to this one (more suits, only one riptide, and no lights) caused a mechanized necron player to tap out after first turn after having de-mechanized him. So the firepower is certainly there, but I do agree with the worry about a lack of troops.

From the current tourney scene that I have witnessed, this style of list has actually been pretty popular among Tau players and quite successful. Specifically though it has relied on combining the IC riptide, the other riptide, and a Support'O into a single unit to create the world's scariest shooting deathstar. Now the reason I bring this up is that the number one comment by the top players using this list in several of the tournaments was that it was lacking in troops and that the riptide deathstar had under performed compared to other deathstars of similar cost (read as: Tau are pretty well balanced even when you try to break them with a super unit). The general consensus was that more suits or kroot would have benefited the lists.

So all that said, there's no reason this shouldn't work and I recommend you give it a shot. Just remember to play it like an army made of battlesuits and you'll be fine.

Return to “Archival Datacore - 6th Edition”