Farsight Enclave Heavy Snipers (1.850 pt.)

Cadres who fought and bled under 6th edition rules.
Regelridderen
Shas

Farsight Enclave Heavy Snipers (1.850 pt.)

Post#1 » Apr 23 2014 05:02

Here for your scrutiny is my base idea for a FE list. I like to play aggressively and put the pressure on the enemy, by taking maximum advantage of jet packs and running broadsides.

HQ -207

Tau Crisis Commander - 152
2 Missile Pods, Drone Controller, Target Lock, 2 Marker Drones
To join crisis team ALPHA and provide marker light and missile support

Ethereal - 55
Darksun Filter
To join the sniper drones for added weight of fire, and possibly add mobility to broadside teams

TROOPS - 582

Crisis Team ALPHA - 234
3 Suits w. 2 Missile Pods, Target Lock, 5 Marker Drones
Hunters of light/medium tanks, and marker light support.

Crisis Team BETA - 174
3 Suits w. 2 Plasma, 1 Flamer

Crisis Team CHARLIE - 174
3 Suits w. 2 Plasma, 1 Flamer
Two units of MEQ/TEQ killers. Preferably to deepstrike in behind enemy lines and cause havoc

ELITE - 410

Riptide ALPHA - 220
Earth Caste Pilot, EWO, Ion Accelerator, TL Fusion Blaster

Riptide BETA - 190
EWO, Ion Accelerator, TL Fusion Blaster
To draw enemy fire and protect the army vs. enemy deep strikers

HEAVY SUPPORT - 651

Broadside Team ALPHA - 245
2 Suits with Highyield missile pods, Target Lock
1 Vre, Rail Rifle, ATT, 2 Shield Drone

Broadside Team BETA - 245
2 Suits with Highyield missile pods, Target Lock
1 Vre, Rail Rifle, ATT, 2 Shield Drone
More missile support. The "Sniper V're is there to deal with special weapons/characters, his ability to choose a different target from the MissileSides, allows him to maximize the use of his ATT, by not benefitting from Markerlights. Also adding a V're allows shuffling wounds around

Sniper Team - 161
2 Spotters, 9 Drones
"Monster hunters" to deal with the hordes of Riptides and Wraithknights that seem so prevalent these days

ARMY TOTAL - 1.850

SignLanguageBob
Shas

Re: Farsight Enclave Heavy Snipers (1.850 pt.)

Post#2 » Apr 24 2014 02:34

Don't suppose you have more info regarding the list? What I mean is who are you fighting, have you used any units before that you need tips on using or improving? How is it you play aggressive? What units have you found work for you so far?

jade_angel
Shas

Post#3 » Apr 24 2014 08:45

Looks pretty good to me all in all, though I wonder about making the second dual-plasma Crisis team into a dual-fusion team instead, for antitank (in case the Riptides and Broadsides can't crack 'em fast enough), with a side of anti-TEQ/anti-MC. Don't forget that the ion accelerators can mop up MEQ/TEQ pretty well, too.

I used to figure that fusion wasn't so hot for monsters until I had Shadowsun and her two bodyguards (with dual fusion) bring down a Bloodthirster in one round in my last game. (Boosted to BS5/BS7 from Skyray markerlights, though).

Regelridderen
Shas

Post#4 » Apr 24 2014 09:58

SignLanguageBob wrote:Don't suppose you have more info regarding the list? What I mean is who are you fighting, have you used any units before that you need tips on using or improving? How is it you play aggressive? What units have you found work for you so far?

The list is for a tournament environment - which is pretty Riptide heavy at the moment. By aggressive I mean, that I like to take the fight to the opponents table half instead of hanging back and blasting away, deep striking shock troops behind enemy lines etc.

I'm not that familiar with 6th - haven't played for a few years, beyond a tournament last weekend. And as such, I wouldn't claim familiarity with any units.

I'm quite curious, whether anyones tried the ATT Railside V're, as I find the concept pretty cool, and gives purpose to an overlooked model.

@jade_angel I was considering a couple of monat w. dual fusion blasters instead, but not as a team. But I do like that plasma :)

SignLanguageBob
Shas

Post#5 » Apr 24 2014 11:59

The biggest issue I see with that list is that it's a rather low model count for a higher end point wise side of the game.

While marker lights in any form are a nice buff to the army, I do think you gone a tad over kill with the amount needed. A lot of your weapons are either twin-linked or put out enough shoots that it probably doesn't need markerlight support.

As your commander, sniper drones and MP crisis team all have marker lights, I would probably drop a few and see if maybe you could get a few extra units in there (crisis if been a battlesuit army).

As for the broadsides, there about a few posts about whats better between missile vs rail. But really comes down to do you need to kill lots of tough stuff with lots of shots at medium range or do you need to kill something tough at a very long range? However I'd suggest missile over rail as your riptides have the IA to take out tanks.

I would think however it would struggle to absorb firepower and deal with a deathwing or space marine army.

Of cause don't take my word for it but just my 2 cent.

Kind regards

BSL Bob

Regelridderen
Shas

Post#6 » Apr 24 2014 02:10

I disagree on the marker lights. 2 to boost BS, 2 to deny Cover saves, they quickly add up - although, I do see some problems in only having 1(2) sources.

I do agree, that I lack some ablative wounds, or cheap objective grabbers. I'll have to rely heavily on cover and jump-shoot-jump tactics.

And theres no questioning the general effectiveness of Missilesides vs. Railsides, thats why its only the Shas'Vre with Advanced Targeting, who carries the heavy rail rifle. That rail rifle on the other hand, has a 75% chance of scoring a hit, of which 2/3rds will be an armor denying precision shot to be aimed at annoying characters and/or special weapons (las/plas/missile) that pose a threat to the army, so tank hunting will not be his primary objective. To me it looks good on paper, but I'm interested in hearing, if people have any experience with this?

-

I'm a bit at odds about the Ethereal/Sniper Drones. They seem like a cool unit, but I'm wondering if those 216 points could be put to better use in the troops section? Although they do have a unique chance for taking down big monsters at range with a single round of fire?

Return to “Archival Datacore - 6th Edition”