2250 Farsight Enclave Tourament List

Cadres who fought and bled under 6th edition rules.
Sa'Ran'Sha
Shas

2250 Farsight Enclave Tourament List

Post#1 » Apr 24 2014 09:28

Hello ATT! This'll be my first time posting a list on here so I'll do my best to adhere to the standards of the forum!

Just an upfront, I don't have access to the actual point values at the moment per unit, and I'm doing this mainly from memory, but it's 2250 right on the dot. If anyone notices some inconsistencies let me know. I'll be editing the post with the unit point values when I get the chance, just would really like some feedback from the community!

Without further delay, here we go!

Army Objective: Highly mobile army which will utilize hit and run tactics in order to deter melee charges, cause leadership checks, and eliminate High Value Targets (HVT)

HQ: Farsight- 5x Bodyguards
1. BodyGuard Crisis- 2x plasma, Vectored Retro Thrusters (VRT)
2. BodyGuard Crisis- 2x Plasma, VRT
3. Bodyguard Crisis- 2x Plasma
4. Bodyguard Crisis- 1x Fusion, 1x TW Fusion, Target Lock (TL)
5. Bodyguard Crisis- 1x Fusion, 1x TW Fusion, TL

HQ: Commander- 2x Missle Pod (MP), TL, Drone Controller, Talisman of Muldoch (got the last part wrong I think), 2x Marker Drone

Elite: Riptide- Ion Accelerator, TW Fusion Blaster, Early Warning Override, Earth Caste Pilot Array, Stimulant Injector

Troop: XV8 "Astartes Bane" Crisis x3- 2x Gun Drone
1. Shas'Ui- 2x Plasma,
2. Shas'Ui- 2x Plasma,
3. Shas'Vre- 2x Fusion, TL

Troop: XV8 "Deterence" Crisis x3- 4x Gun Drone
1. Shas'Ui- 1x Flamer, 1x TW Burst Cannon (BC)
2. Shas'Ui- 1x Flamer, 1x TW BC
3. Shas'Vre- 1x Flamer, 1x TW BC,

Troop: XV8 "Deathrain" Crisis x3- 4x Marker Drone
1. Shas'Ui- 2x MP
2. Shas'Ui- 2x MP
3. Shas'Ui- 2x MP

Troop: Fire Warrior Shas'La x11- 8x Pulse Carbines
FW Shas'Ui x1- Pulse Carbine
Dedicated Transport: Devilfish- Disruption Pod, Sensor Spines

Fast Attack: Pathfinder x6

Heavy Support: XV88 Broadside x3
Shas'Ui Missileside 1- HYMP, TW Smart Missile Systemm (SMS), TL
Shas'Ui Missileside 2- HYMP, TW SMS, TL
Shas'Vre Railside 3- HRR, TW Plasma, ATS
Heavy Support: Skyray Gunship- Smart Missle System

Army Snyopsis:

- Farsight and his 5 best friends will deep strike next to some HVTs and do as much damage as they can before jumping away.
- Commander will attach to the Deathrain team and control the marker drones.
- Riptide will mainly be there to soak up shots while being a significant threat at all times with its IA
- Astartes Bane team will deep strike to capture/contest objectives (OBJs). Will also be used to neutralize heavy infantry and vehicles.
- Deterence team will deploy normally, its main purpose is to capture/contest objectives and to assist other teams already on OBJs
- Fire Warrior Squad will come in from reserve/deploy normally depending on the amount of pain my opponent has. They'll capture/contest OBJs. .
- Pathfinders are just bread n' butter marker support.
- Broadside team will use HYMP for weight of fire while the HRR will snipe out heavy weapons.
- Skyray will alpha strike big threats (namely flyers) and provide additional marker support.

Looking forward to whatever feedback you guys can give me! :D
Last edited by Sa'Ran'Sha on Apr 25 2014 11:29, edited 4 times in total.
"Through Boldness, Victory"

Kin'D'uman Cadre
Shas

Re: 2250 Farsight Enclave Tourament List

Post#2 » Apr 24 2014 09:33

You play a similar list to mine. I have no Pathfinders however and typically take two riptides.

It's a hard hitting army and when all goes to plan, it's hard to tackle but when a link is broken in the chain, thse kinds of list fall to pieces fairly easily. I'd consider some HYMsides. They are truly the MVPs of my list.
Kin'D'uman • "Aim straight and fire true"

Sa'Ran'Sha
Shas

Post#3 » Apr 24 2014 09:56

I'd consider some HYMsides

This seems like it'd be difficult to pull off for how mobile I want my army to be. I've considered it yes, and it is always good to have a strong fire base in your deployment zone. It'll require some testing on my part I think to see what I like and don't like. the way to supplement them in would probably be to take out a pathfinder team and either the skyray or the railhead, least that's what I'm thinking. Thoughts?

jade_angel
Shas

Post#4 » Apr 24 2014 10:05

I wonder if a Kroot squad would be useful to this list or not. I like them for their ability to Infiltrate and Outflank, and the sniper rounds have come in handy more than once. With the Skyray, one unit of Pathfinders and the Mark'O, you probably have enough markerlights to give up one Pathfinder unit for a Kroot squad, possibly with one Hound for Acute Senses.

Also, I'd be curious about refitting that third bodyguard XV8 with dual burst cannons and a flamer, possibly. Granted, that's a little less effective against vehicles, but the volume of fire might help against monstrous creatures or durable HQ units.

Sa'Ran'Sha
Shas

Post#5 » Apr 24 2014 10:40

refitting that third bodyguard XV8 with dual burst cannons and a flamer

I've actually considered this, at least 1x BC and 1x Flamer. My only stipulation with that is that I already have a decent amount of S5 AP5 shots coming from the FWs and the BC team. One thing I'm considering is taking out the 2nd team of pathfinders, and throwing some Advanced Targeting Systems on some of the suits so they can snipe out heavy weapons from units.

Nil_Sanity
Shas

Post#6 » Apr 25 2014 04:19

I have a few questions.
Firstly why the shield drones on the plasma squad? Gun drones will add more firepower and still give ablative wounds.

I'm not a fan of pathfinders, they're not mobile and die too easily, marker drones are far better in my opinion but I understand why pathfinders are still used.

Have you thought about tau as an ally? You could have a support'O added to the farsight bomb for some ignore cover twin linked shenanigans, and the fire warriors can be taken without the BKR tax

Sa'Ran'Sha
Shas

Post#7 » Apr 25 2014 05:13

Firstly why the shield drones on the plasma squad? Gun drones will add more firepower and still give ablative wounds.

I take these mainly to soak up some wounds. Place them in the front of the squad and allocate wounds to them first. They also LOS to the 'Vre to keep him up. I'll have to try it with gun drones at some point to see how I like it, as it stands now though the shield drones have helped.

I agree with you here, but they still serve a purpose. I'm actually going to take out the 2nd group and add in some upgrades to the other squads, namely ATS to the Plasma Crisis team. Also considering taking out the hammerhead and adding in a 3x Broadside team with two misslesides w/TLs and a railside w/ATS.

Have you thought about tau as an ally?

I have considered this, but I'm limited by models (don't have another commander suit) and I also don't really like the ally system that much. I may try it sometime to see how it works, the ignore cover and twin-link is very enticing.

abraxus
Shas

Post#8 » Apr 25 2014 06:06

Sa'Ran'Sha wrote:Troop: XV8 "Deterence" Crisis x3- 4x Gun Drone
1. Shas'Ui- 1x Flamer, 1x TW Burst Cannon (BC)
2. Shas'Ui- 1x Flamer, 1x TW BC
3. Shas'Vre- 1x Flamer, 1x TW BC, VRT

#3 has 4 pieces of gear on 3 hard points. Did you mean this to be a single BC and not twin-linked?

Sa'Ran'Sha
Shas

Post#9 » Apr 25 2014 06:12

3 has 4 pieces of gear on 3 hard points. Did you mean this to be a single BC and not twin-linked?

Nope! Just a mistake I made. will fix it.

Sa'Ran'Sha
Shas

Post#10 » Apr 25 2014 07:00

Edit the list above to reflect some changes I've made.

Let me know what you guys think!

jade_angel
Shas

Post#11 » Apr 25 2014 09:56

A thought on the plasma squad's drones - if you face a lot of AP3 or better fire, then shield drones do better. Else, you're better off with the extra shots (and possible pinning) from gun drones. Maybe one of each?

Also, I might consider making the singleton railside a shas'vre, so you can get precision shots on 5s. Also, does it make sense to move two of the marker drones from the deathrain team to the Commander directly, so that if need be you can fork them off to mark two different targets?

Sa'Ran'Sha
Shas

Post#12 » Apr 25 2014 10:07

I think you're correct about the shield drones, so I've modified the list above to reflect the things you suggested. Same for the commander, that thought had never dawned on me that his drones would fire at his same target.

As for the 'Vre railside: doesn't the advanced targeting system state that it allows the unit equipped with it to hit precision shots on 5s and 6s? That's how I had read it, didn't think they needed to be a 'Vre in order to achive that. The added Leadership is nice though as if only one of them dies they'll have to Ld check and they're likely to be a big target.

jade_angel
Shas

Post#13 » Apr 25 2014 10:39

The ATS allows precision shots on a 6. Characters (which the 'vre would be) already have that, so characters with an ATS get precision shots on 5 and 6. (Codex: Tau Empire pg 67, description for Advanced Targeting System)

The added leadership is just gravy :)

Sa'Ran'Sha
Shas

Post#14 » Apr 25 2014 10:45

Ok awesome, well I appreciate the advice on that then!

I'm thinking of shrinking the FW group down to 9 so I can fit in a little something else, I'm not sure what else I would do though. My thought on it is that the 12x bodies is going to be too big of a foot print to properly utilize the fish for cover.

jade_angel
Shas

Post#15 » Apr 25 2014 11:10

Good idea, then maybe put two gun drones with the bodyguard squad for extra firepower?

Sa'Ran'Sha
Shas

Post#16 » Apr 25 2014 11:28

two gun drones with the bodyguard squad

I'm uncertain about this. I don't feel that they need drones with them, and if I were to put some with them it'd most likely be shield drones to protect against AP3.

If anything I was thinking about putting sensor spines on the fish for added mobility.

jade_angel
Shas

Post#17 » Apr 25 2014 12:23

The sensor spines make a lot of sense.

Good thinking on the shield drones, though. I'd take them, if only because of their I4. Sure, Farsight's better than that, but if he dies, having drones makes bugging out with the VRTs easier. They give you an extra melee hit, too, for whatever that's worth, and a half-useful way to tank nasty stuff like an Axe of Khorne. (That one *hurts*. I had a Bloodthirster one-shot a Riptide, then one-shot a Wraithknight on the next turn.)

Return to “Archival Datacore - 6th Edition”