1850 Competitive - Enclave allies

Cadres who fought and bled under 6th edition rules.
Failed
Shas

1850 Competitive - Enclave allies

Post#1 » May 01 2014 12:55

Hey guys, trying to add a small Enclave detachment for the ECPA and to make my suit squad scoring. Thoughts?

HQ:
Commander - C&CN, M3S, Chip, Iridium suit, Nuero Jammer, Drone Cont w/ 2 marker drones - 194

Elites:
Riptide - Ion, SMS, Ewos - 190

Troops:
10 kroot - sniper - 70
10 kroot - sniper - 70
12 Firewarriors - 108
6 Firewarriors - 54
6 Firewarriors - 54
(Not sold on the two units instead of another unit of 12)

Fast Attack:
8 Pathfinders - 88

Heavy:
3 Broadsides - HYMP, SMS, 4xMissle Drones, bonded - 246
Hammerhead - Sub rounds, SMS, Longstrike, DPod - 190
Skyray - SMS, BS filter - 131

Enclave Ally:

HQ:
Fireblade - 60

Elite:
Riptide - Ion, Fusion, Ewos, ECPA - 220

Troops:
3 Suits - 2xMP and Ewos each, bonding knife - 174

Total: 1847

Commander will bounce between suits and non-ECPA Riptide, broadsides and Fireblade+Firewarriors will castle in the middle. Thoughts?

Carrelio
Shas

Re: 1850 Competitive - Enclave allies

Post#2 » May 01 2014 01:07

I'd go one unit of 12 over two units of 6 hands down here. If they aren't in a transport, 6 fire warriors are just a free first blood. Fuirther, if you get lucky (or unlucky...) and you lose the first fire warrior squad but the fireblade survives, you can jump him into the next squad and get right back to business much more effectively than in the unit of 6.

What's the plan with the support'O? While I think your list could use light support I don't know if his 2 drones really fit here... I assume he's going to be alternating between the riptide, the battlesuits, and the broadsides depending on what the game calls for... but since none of them have target locks it's kind of like a even more exaggerated version of the sniper drone team's problem... in other words "Yes! I got 3 markerlight hits on an enemy... ooops... the rest of that unit's shooting killed it... now those lights are wasted..."

Rawrgyle
Shas

Post#3 » May 01 2014 02:23

Seems like I am noticing 1850 lists lately... Anyways I'm going to repost my 1850 list one last time here, just because it is very close to yours. And here is a link to another thread I have it in for possibly a few more ideas to look over.

Empire
Commander C&C, M3S, Pen chip, drone control, Irid armor, neuroweb

Riptide Ion, TwL plasma, EWO

Kroot x10, hound x1
Kroot x10, hound x1
Kroot x10

Pathfinder x6

SkyRay SMS, BSF
SkyRay SMS, BSF
SDT x2 marksmen, x9 Sniper Drones

Enclave
Ethereal

Riptide HBC, TwL fusion, VT, EWO, ECPA, Tailsman of A.M.

Crisis x3 (MP, MP, TL), Bonded, x6 Marker drones

Broadsides x3 (HYMP, SMS), Bonded, TL x2/EWO x1, x6 Missile Drones

The differences are somewhat small here but are significant. You went with a fireblade to help buff your basic shooting, I go with an ehtereal, which can somewhat do the same, but gives more flexability in keeping all the units around him on the board for starters. He sits out of LOS and in the SDT making them a very very fearsome unit. LD10 on the broadsides and others around him really helps more than I ever first thought.

A single squad of pathfinders is often a first blood target, but if you know it is going to happen I've had fun putting them way out of place from the rest of my army to draw an opponent away. But the difference with my list is additional sources of markerlights so I do not have to rely on the pathfinders. Also a bit frustrating for them when an opponent "gives up" trying to take down my markerlights (tourny play I'm speaking of here).

Also squad size is a factor in some of this. I purposefully moved my broadside team over to the enclaves (also for the feel of the list to have most of its battlesuits as enclaves), and payed the few extra points just to maximize the squad size, along with the crisis team with drones. Eggs in one basket? Maybe but with the ethereal and bonding knife ritual, makes them tougher to crack.

I'll also mention that I normally like my sniper kroot but with the SDT, really don't feel like I need them. As for specific wargear changes I might mention, well you pretty darn got what I would take. Dpod on the hammerhead, but none on the skyray is good for example. And the above poster is a bit correct that the commander doesn't need drones even if he has the drone controller :) IDK about giving the crisis team EWOs. Just as most often you will be jumping them around and trying to hide them or limit thier view of the battlefield from return fire durring the jet pack moves... They may more likely to be out of postion to actually use the EWOs then?

I guess my general thoughts are that I don't think I can "optimize" my list above for me any better, but if there are any specific things, that may help with your playstyle, throw them out here for more input.

Failed
Shas

Post#4 » May 02 2014 02:24

Got my first game in with this list tonight. Switched the 2x6 man fire warrior teams to one 12 man, didn't make a huge difference, but will keep this way because of the Fireblade idea that you pointed out

As far as the buff commander goes, once again he earned his weight in gold. The markerlights helped on the first turn, when the riptide he was with pen'd Pask but failed to explode the tank. I use the two extra lights to fire off two seeker missiles and finished him off. After that though, you are right Carrelio, they were kind of overkill. It's situational at best, but more lights are never a bad thing. I don't want to run a marker commander, as I feel that the buffs he provides far out weigh 5-6 marker light hits. It's only 32 points extra, I think I'll give it a few more games. If they don't help I will drops them.

Everything else in the list performed well and had a lot of synergy. SMS are probably the most underrated weapons in our book (against guard at least). I played the new guard army, and other than the three barrage tanks he had (which were easy to get LOS to with 4D6 JSJ Riptides), I still out shot him pretty handily.

Return to “Archival Datacore - 6th Edition”