1k farsight + experience

Cadres who fought and bled under 6th edition rules.
Shas'Norb
Shas

1k farsight + experience

Post#1 » May 05 2014 07:34

This is the army I used for my first ever game as tau yesterday against Necrons.

Commander
CCN, DC

3 crisis suits
2x MP, TL
5x marker drone

3 crisis suits
2 with 2xPR
1 with 2x FR
2x shield drone

3 crisis suits
2 with 2xPR
1 shas'vre with PR, CIB, TL
2x shield drone

Riptide
ECPA, stims, VT, IA, tl FR

I lost 3 shield drones and 1 marker drone the entire game so im pleased with how things went down. I believe it was his first game with his crons also.
In the first two turns my riptide wiped out a 5 man unit of immortals and 9 warriors. Marklights are gross. My MP unit with the commander took out his night scythe with 3 glancing hits. The rest of the game I picked off the rest of his army with jsj. He called it after he had a wounded lord and 2 immortals left on the table.
The commander with DC joining the MP units was a last minute change to my list and I loved it. Matklights are amazing and Im tempted to remove any shield drones in my next game in favour of more markers. I brought the cyclic Ion blaster to try out but was always out of range thanks to my inability to guess range. Gotta remember to measure first seeing as Im allowed to do this in 40k.
Im also considering dropping the stims off the tide because even though I had him in the middle of the table he was ignored ad left to wreak havoc. The army is already under 1000 pts because of my last minute change so by doing just that I can add another suit or perhaps more drones. :)
All in all im happy with this army. Im sure next game though there will be a lot more scenery on the table. It was pretty much and open table but I was not the one to set it up so im not feeling to guilty about that.
My next game will be 1500pts. If my farsight model comes in maybe ill field him, my second riptide, and another crisis team.

litanyoffail
Shas

Re: 1k farsight + experience

Post#2 » May 05 2014 12:54

Shas'Norb wrote:Commander
CCN, DC

Congratulations on your victory in the name of the Grater Good, Shas!

I've only a couple nitpicks, however. If you're playing Farsight Enclaves, then the CCN on your commander isn't legal because it's a Tau Empire Signature System. And, just for list writing, you should list the mandatory Bonding Knives to ensure that there's no confusion with respect to Wargear.

Shas'Norb
Shas

Post#3 » May 05 2014 01:35

Whoops haha. I guess thats how we learn. Totally forgot about that when I made the list last minute...I feel silly about that. I might feel even worse if it wasnt for the fact that I had to shoot down a Av13 night scythe when it is only 11. Guess we both messed up.

I have a 1850 pt list with that commander and a unit of kroot as allies so I threw him in without thinking about the legality.

I did pay the pts for bonding though.
Last edited by Shas'Norb on May 05 2014 01:52, edited 1 time in total.

AngryAlbatross
Shas

Post#4 » May 05 2014 01:40

Congrats!

You know if you take farsight, you can take his bodyguard of special characters and I believe one of them has the ccn. Also the heavy burst cannon really shines with ecpa but the ion accelerator doesn't really need it. You could get 2 more drones instead :)

Shas'Norb
Shas

Post#5 » May 05 2014 01:54

Ive only played one game so far so I cannot really dispute what you are saying but the ECPA saved me on 2 turns that game from gets hot. So from my very limited experience I most certainly did need it on a iontide.

Return to “Archival Datacore - 6th Edition”