Looking at your samples, I really like both. If I had to choose one, then I would have to go with the teal green; but that's only because I've a lot of purple Tau armies lately. A guy at the store I play at has a very nice purple and orange Tau army. And I've recently seen at least three other purple armies here on the A.T.T. forum.
Also, I think I'd like to see teal used as vehicle colour, might get some cool results that way.
The choice of either purple or green makes me think of the Drazi on Babylon 5: "Purple Drazi, Green Drazi"
Other things to think about with colour choice:
- Theme of the army: Urban, Jungle, Desert, Wasteland etcetera; which determines what you're going to use to base your models.
- Therefor whatever base or flock colour you use, should compliment the overall colour of the model.
- For the firewarriors/pathfinders, what is the undersuit colour? This can enhance or mute the colour depending on what you go with.
- And what is the colour of your weapons? Same reason as the undersuit and base colours.
- What highlight colours are you going to use for either colour? What are the shade will you use with either colour?
Really best way to decide is to do test models, probably two for each colour. This is so that you can also try different undersuit colours with both. Test models also tell you, whether you're able to pull off the look that you want. You might really like teal, but then you don't get the look that you wanted.
Whatever you choose as for paints Reaper Miniatures Master Series
have great colours. You can even buy set of three of one colour, but in three different shades! Vallejo Game Colours
are great too. Haven't tried Privateer Press
colours, but that's what a lot of the Golden Daemon winners use.
Good luck. Looking forward to seeing what you come up with.