[now working] Ka'nite sept Fire Warriors

Post and discuss techniques, advice and your latest projects.
Kanite
Shas

[now working] Ka'nite sept Fire Warriors

Post#1 » Nov 23 2017 11:07

Hi!
I wanted to share with you my first steps in painting T'au. The color scheme is created based on the photo on printerest but I changed the main color to my favourite lime :)

https://imgur.com/a/sekkM

I think the "dark grey" is way too black though, so I'll experiment with it at the next miniatures in the Start Collecting! box. For lime I used a mix: two parts Flash Gitz Yellow and one part of Moot Green, for black: one Abbadon Black and one Eshin Grey. I think two parts of Eshin Grey will be nicer, because plain Eshin Grey is too brigth. The rest doesn't matter I think, but if you're really concerned about something then just ask :D

By the way drones and turret are magnetized.

Ok, before I show the photos I'll tell something about my imaginary Ka'nite sept. It was founded during [wichever one is now] sphere expansion by [I don't know yet who (someone not really important)] and is a minor sept. Set on the hot ocean world named Ka'nite with loads of small islands. Waters are populated by intelligent race [yet to be developed]. All islands are made from long extinct volcanos and covered in dense jungles. Many ruins were discovered on the surface of those islands and in the underwater areas near them. Probably a global warming was the case of raised water level thus drowning cities of old civilization. Ka'nite sept world is mainly used as connection between other septs. It is known for advanced water technology.

What do you think of the general idea? Any comments are welcome :smile: (and sorry for my english I'm not a native english speaker :P )

Now to the photos. It took really long to make a color scheme and to actually paint the miniatures but it was worth an effort. It isn't the prettiest thing in the world but it looks good from the distance and that's what matters, isn't it? :biggrin:

https://imgur.com/a/wmPhr

I hope every link is accessible, if not please write a comment!
Last edited by Kanite on Nov 25 2017 05:43, edited 10 times in total.
Ka'nite sept army log

TauMan
Shas'Ui
Shas'Ui

Re: Ka'nite sept Fire Warriors

Post#2 » Nov 23 2017 11:50

FYI Links aren't accessible. :dead: Was looking forward to seeing your army though. ;)

What site are you using for your photos?

TauMan
Viro’los gu brath!
N.Y.A.B.X.T.T.

armisael
Shas'Saal

Post#3 » Nov 23 2017 11:50

I can't see the pictures :-(

nix0n
Shas'La
Shas'La

Post#4 » Nov 23 2017 11:58

Yeah unfortunately images or the links for the images aren't accessible on mobile either...
Cheers!
Nix

Kanite
Shas

Post#5 » Nov 23 2017 12:22

Images works now!

I hope...
Ka'nite sept army log

n1md4
Shas'La
Shas'La

Re: [updated] Ka'nite sept Fire Warriors

Post#6 » Nov 23 2017 01:16

Yes, working now, and nice colour scheme. Nice photo composition too, but if you don't want shadows avoid pointing the light source directly at the models.

Will enjoy watching this grow.
This is a sad day for the nobel profession of otter milking -- Knives
Onmyou's Motivation Service

TauMan
Shas'Ui
Shas'Ui

Post#7 » Nov 23 2017 10:11

Well Photobucket doesn't let you do third party hosting. If the images were there, they're not there now. :dead:

TauMan
Viro’los gu brath!
N.Y.A.B.X.T.T.

PeeJ
Shas'La
Shas'La

Post#8 » Nov 24 2017 04:58

Imgur is your friend, I've only recently found that a couple of forums almost exclusively used photobucket and it's come as a shock to me.

Kanite
Shas

Re: [now working] Ka'nite sept Fire Warriors

Post#9 » Nov 25 2017 05:43

Whew!

Imgur sure is the best!
Ka'nite sept army log

Arka0415
Shas'Ui
Shas'Ui

Post#10 » Nov 25 2017 06:08

Kanite wrote:Whew!

Imgur sure is the best!

You can use the Imgur BBCode links to link your images directly into the thread if you like. :biggrin:

Ironsky
Shas'La
Shas'La

Post#11 » Nov 25 2017 03:31

Very striking :) It's nice to finally see these, and certainly worth the wait! I like the seeker missile placement on the Devilfish, I've always put them on the underside where they easily snap off. I may re-position them now...

PeeJ
Shas'La
Shas'La

Post#12 » Nov 25 2017 09:29

I love the black and yellow devil fish.

Return to “Painting & Artwork”