[Members] Vehicle Gallery

Post and discuss techniques, advice and your latest projects.
Fraggle
Shas'Vre
Shas'Vre

[Members] Vehicle Gallery

Post#1 » Dec 06 2008 10:46

Well, we have Firewarriors and Battlesuits, so a Vehicle Gallery is all that's left to do.

To set the ball rolling, here's my Piranha:

Feel free to add your own vehicles, be they Piranhas, Hammerheads or even Mantas!
Last edited by Fraggle on Dec 08 2008 07:23, edited 2 times in total.

K'yntak
Shas

Re: Vehicle Gallery

Post#2 » Dec 06 2008 11:42

it is a good pirhana. I admire your painting and modelling skills, although I would probably prefer a different colour scheme. I am a fan of the pirhanas, and I generally use them as a delivery system for drones, anti-geqs and as mobile fleeing unit traps in my games.
I really like how you painted the mud on, that is pretty k00l, although I am assuming (correct m if I am wrong) the crew are unpainted-i look forward to seeing them.
We may suck up close.
shame you'll never get there.

Fraggle
Shas'Vre
Shas'Vre

Re: Vehicle Gallery

Post#3 » Dec 06 2008 11:56

Thanks for the comments K'yntak, I appreciate them.

For any others who with to give any C&C, My Piranha has it's own thread located here.

Tael
Fio'O
Fio'O

Re: [Members] Vehicle Gallery

Post#4 » Dec 13 2008 08:21

These are several of my vehicles, probably familiar to some. They're a bit 'cartoonish' looking back, I'm half tempted to start up a new cadre using the more muted scheme style I've seen become popular of late.

HammerHead

IonHead

Devilfish

I think Tetra's are just ace.

Tael.

Brokensword
Shas'Ui
Shas'Ui

Post#5 » Dec 13 2008 08:41

Im loving the camo scheme ! I can never get it to my liking , thats why i opt for more muted tones for my "Tau'shan" sept force's . Your Tetras are beautiful , but then so are the rest of them ! :)
I'll have to get some of my vehicles on here . Would a Shadowsword and a Baneblade ok?

Tael
Fio'O
Fio'O

Post#6 » Dec 13 2008 09:04

Thanks Brokensword, about adding Imperial vehicles, this would naturally be for Tau vehicles ;)

Put them up in Enemies and Allies though :D

~ Tael

Insectoid
Kroot

Post#7 » Dec 13 2008 09:22

Tael; are these the same vehicles that were featured WD, which was the line of beans that led me to this site? Personally I don't like the blocks (I refer the old GW scheme), but you have executed in quite well.

Reply : Yes, featured in 313 WD-AU. I feel the Tetra's are probably the best application of the camouflage technique I chose. ~ Tael.
Mostly just lurk.

Jordtron
Shas

Post#8 » Dec 13 2008 11:00

Ye olde war-torn Piranha, Hammerhead to follow later.

-Jord

Cyberwolf
Shas

Post#9 » Dec 14 2008 02:14

Here's my lone Hammerhead from way back. I've since given up on this color scheme after considering how very, very long it took to finish, but I'm still quite fond of this one.

Tael
Fio'O
Fio'O

Post#10 » Dec 14 2008 03:30

mmmm, nice and crisp, smooth scheme.. top stuff.

~ Tael.

Sa'cea Mont'yr
Shas'El
Shas'El

Post#11 » Dec 14 2008 04:51

Jordtron wrote:Ye olde war-torn Piranha, Hammerhead to follow later.

-Jord

*pines*

I could wish for my Piranhas to look that fantastically awesome, but I think my head would explode. :P

Nice vehicles, one and all.
Shas'el Sa'cea Cal'Ka Mon'tyr

Brokensword
Shas'Ui
Shas'Ui

Post#12 » Dec 14 2008 07:47

Ok , my turn . These are of my "Tau'shan" sept , still got abit of work to to ie. Decals and any fine brush work but as a whole they are prety much done.

Last edited by Brokensword on Dec 14 2008 09:47, edited 1 time in total.

Tael
Fio'O
Fio'O

Post#13 » Dec 14 2008 08:57

Nice.... really enjoying these muted tones, you played with fire using a cream and mustard scheme, but it's just the right depth of colour to contrast neatly.

That Skyray is pimped out with extras.. :biggrin:

~ Tael.

Brokensword
Shas'Ui
Shas'Ui

Post#14 » Dec 14 2008 09:24

Shas'El Tael wrote:Nice.... really enjoying these muted tones, you played with fire using a cream and mustard scheme, but it's just the right depth of colour to contrast neatly.

That Skyray is pimped out with extras.. :biggrin:

~ Tael.

Thanks for that Tael :D . I think that Skyrays should look that little bit different/Pimped from Hammerheads , so i used the piece's from the command upgrade sprue (i'm going to use the same for my Pathfinders Fish ). I've been playing about with the Foundation paints and the new washes and i kind of stumbled on it . Dhenab stone base , liberal wash of Gryphonne Serpia , and Dry brushed over with Dhenab stone . I wanted a different take on "Sand" camo , more like a Limestone desert effect that you find in North Africa . My Grandfather was a staff driver for Field Marshal Montgomery in the "British 7th Armoured Division" , the "Desert Rats" , and so it's a homage of sorts . The other colour is a straight forward coat of Tau sept ochre , and for contrast the sept colour is Fenris grey , which is quite similar to the ATT font colour . :smile:

Wolkenmann
Shas

Post#15 » Dec 17 2008 04:01

Can't resiste to post :)
Although not really active in posting, there's a TAU cader still alive, slowly grwoing and active.
Hope they're still kind of neat even if they were just a bit old fashioned.

Greetings
Wolkenmann

Brokensword
Shas'Ui
Shas'Ui

Post#16 » Dec 19 2008 05:11

Love the Colours and the blending of the blue on the Piranha is Awesome ! Did you use Dheneb stone and Khemri brown for your vehicles ?

T'olku Ma'tyr
Por

Post#17 » Apr 13 2009 07:12

He painted these way before the foundation range was released, because they were on Tael's seldom-updated web-archive. They look like Vallejo's to me.
Wolfie wrote:... is it just a natural talent?

Sabre
Shas

Post#18 » Apr 17 2009 02:52

Hi! Here I come with my Deviifish. There are minor details to be finished, like the tank commander and simbols, I'll do it when I begin to paint my other Devilfish :P Hope You like it.

Return to “Painting & Artwork”