[Project Log] TASH'VAR Coalition (Project: Breachers Part 2)

Post and discuss techniques, advice and your latest projects.
Czar Ziggy
Fio'Ui
Fio'Ui

Re: [Project Log] TASH'VAR Coalition (Project: Showcase)

Post#127 » Mar 15 2015 08:14

Thanks Copewintergreen!

He was my original Commander right until our new Codex. When you said missile launcher, for some reason I was thinking of an old conversion I did way back in the day, but then checked the page just to make sure I hadn't posted it.

This was the guy I first thought you were talking about;

I think I got this idea from either the really early days of ATT or the old Tau Online. Can't remember now.

Czar Ziggy

Blueshock
Shas'Vre
Shas'Vre

Re: [Project Log] TASH'VAR Coalition (Project: Showcase)

Post#128 » Mar 15 2015 09:17

Czar Ziggy wrote:Wait what? This isn't a my list is bigger than your list thing? :crafty: All kidding aside, I've got another $500 Canadian still in sprues to finish.

Darn Canadians...lol, thank you for updating the pics. I can actually make out what is what on the table now. And low and behold...I Love it! Great work bro.
My T'au Army

~My Life for the Empire~

Czar Ziggy
Fio'Ui
Fio'Ui

Re: [Project Log] TASH'VAR Coalition (Project: Broadside)

Post#129 » Aug 28 2015 04:47

Hey ATT! Been a while since I added anything here! Finally started the last broadside from the fire base set I got what, almost 2 years ago now. :P Anyways, was doing the undercoat last night while going through some sprues, and I was struck by inspiration! I saw the shooting missile bits from my new devastator box set and thought, "This might work for my broadside..." And with a little finessing, it did! So take a look at this!

Czar Ziggy

Minigiant
Shas

Post#130 » Aug 28 2015 05:01

Thats cool, never thought about using those. Consider that idea stolen

Czar Ziggy
Fio'Ui
Fio'Ui

Post#131 » Sep 27 2015 06:49

Hey ATT! Just a little update on the Broadside. Getting closer to it being done. I'm down to the last little bit of detail work. Also, Got myself my first Cadre Fireblade! He's done now. And soon, I'll begin the last model I need to complete my collection of all basic codex models, (not including special characters.) I picked up a Razor Shark fighter which I will start hopefully sometime in the coming month. Of course, GW has decided to gift us with more new kits again, so I'll have to catch up once more. But at least I'll have one of each up to the 6th edition codex :crafty: .

Anyways, my favorite part! Pictures!!

Czar Ziggy

Czar Ziggy
Fio'Ui
Fio'Ui

Re: [Project Log] TASH'VAR Coalition (Project: Broadside + FBSC)

Post#132 » Oct 04 2015 08:39

Hey ATT! Final Broadside done! :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: And that means I now have a full Fire Base Support Cadre with all the current models!!! (Since I was using a Forge World Broadside as #6 for the longest time.....) And just in time for a new Codex, which I'm sure will have this formation in it. Either way, happy it's done.

Czar Ziggy

Czar Ziggy
Fio'Ui
Fio'Ui

Re: [Project Log] TASH'VAR Coalition (Project: Razor Shark)

Post#133 » Nov 05 2015 08:23

Hey ATT! Just wanted give you guys some progress shots of my Razor Shark! This is the last model I needed to have one of everything circa the 6th edition codex. Now I have more kits to get...... :::(

Czar Ziggy

Czar Ziggy
Fio'Ui
Fio'Ui

Re: [Project Log] TASH'VAR Coalition (Project: Reenforments)

Post#134 » Jan 06 2016 09:08

Hey ATT! So, since so many others are sharing their post holiday projects, I just have to share mine! My table has now been swamped with Tau and I couldn't be happier! (And there is still so many more Tau projects I have planned once funding clears up after my wedding this year! :evil: ) Anyways, here a some WIP shots of 4 different projects on the go, plus I'm still working on that Razorshark...

Fun Fact: Each head in my new Pathfinder team comes from a different set. Back left is the new fire warrior female head, back right is the 'Vre head from the Stormsurge, front left is from the Pathfinder kit, and front right is the male head in the Ghostkeel kit.
Again, super excited about all the new Tau! Plus I have a box of Breachers to do as well. Trying to refrain from starting one yet.

Czar Ziggy

Crewdawg
Shas

Post#135 » Jan 07 2016 04:49

These are some very nice conversions and effects! I like the old missile commander as well, never would have thought of that one. On the front left pathfinder, is the helmet added? I haven't seen the new pathfinder box accessories yet. Also, what did you use for the missiles coming out of the broadside?
Any problem can be solved by the right amount of dakka!

Czar Ziggy
Fio'Ui
Fio'Ui

Post#136 » Jan 07 2016 05:16

Hey Crewdawg, thanks for the kind remarks! Yes, the helmet is added. It's just the bare head with the back trimmed off and the helmet from the set with it's inside's trimmed out to fit over the head. It's a similar conversion I did to a fire warrior about a page or two back. And the missiles are the ones from the new Space Marine Devastator kit that came out in 2015, just with the missile tip replaced with the ones I trimmed off of the broadside to make it fit. Hope that helps!

Czar Ziggy

Czar Ziggy
Fio'Ui
Fio'Ui

Re: [Project Log] TASH'VAR Coalition (Project: New Tau Goodness)

Post#137 » Jan 17 2016 09:01

Hey ATT! So, here is an update on some of the stuff I'm working on! Enjoy! Also, my camera is acting up. Might be time to get a new one... :sad:

Czar Ziggy

Czar Ziggy
Fio'Ui
Fio'Ui

Post#138 » Jan 23 2016 02:31

Hey ATT, just a little update on progress. I can't believe how happy I am to be painting more Fire Warriors and Pathfinders considering I have already 6 full squads of Fire Warriors and 3 of Pathfinders. And I plan on getting more of the new Fire Warrior kits to make even more, as it has been way to tempting to make Strikers out of this box set, but I want a full 10 man Breacher team. I think my only complaint about the new Fire Warrior kit is a lack of grenades.... :roll: Also, took another picture of the Pathfinder I finished that is in better focus.

Czar Ziggy

Czar Ziggy
Fio'Ui
Fio'Ui

Post#139 » Jan 28 2016 06:36

Hey ATT! Just finished my first Ghost Keel! This is an awesome kit, and I'll have to get more at some point. Any ways, enjoy the shots!

Czar Ziggy

Tael
Fio'O
Fio'O

Post#140 » Jan 29 2016 01:52

Looks solid man, the cadre is really coming along :)

The first photo of the GhostKeel with just green armour, made him look like the Master Chief at a glance :D

These new plastics are great.

Czar Ziggy
Fio'Ui
Fio'Ui

Post#141 » Jan 31 2016 08:06

@Tael - Thanks! Ha, it seems every time I paint one of my guys, in that stage just before I start the brown, they all seem like Master Chief. Especially the Fire Warriors back when I used Dark Angels green instead of the green metal I do today. Also, I think someone at GW must have seen your remark on my thread a few pages back about using so much green ink in my army, because they made those new ink pots that are twice the size of the old ones now!

Hey ATT! Just wanted to share that I'm now done painting my Razorshark, and now (while only 3 months late!) I have collected, assembled, painted, and as of today, played with at least one of each unit (Not Counting Special Characters) from our codex circa 6th edition! Now I just have to get that Stormsurge painted! So here are the pics of the Razorshark!

Czar Ziggy

Czar Ziggy
Fio'Ui
Fio'Ui

Post#142 » Feb 07 2016 09:05

Hey ATT! Just another quick update on my new Tau additions. Getting close to finishing my new Stormsurge. Also, making good progress on the second half of my first Breacher team!

Czar Ziggy

Czar Ziggy
Fio'Ui
Fio'Ui

Post#143 » Feb 14 2016 08:40

Hey ATT! So now, my Stormsurge is done! And with that marks the completion of all the new "Core" codex units. I'm not counting the platforms or the redone kits of Crisis suits and Fire warriors, but they will be added at some point... SO here are some pics!

Anyways, with the Stormsurge done, my Tournament force for the Kingston Club Championship (Canada) is done. It's an I.T.C format tournament at 2,000 pts. I'll be running a CAD and a Retaliation Cadre. It's actually my standard way of playing, except now I have the Retaliation cadre to use. No more deep strike reserves coming in at random times. Now I get them all on turn 2 and at +1 BS! This should be fun! Also, if all 30 people show up who signed up, a professionally painted Thunderhawk gunship is one of the raffle prizes this year! You get 10 tickets for participating, which you can put into what ever prize you want. The prizes are usually things like Black Library books, model kits, supplements books (like the Apocalypse ones), or even gift vouchers for the store. And the best part is, anyone can win them through the raffle, so your rankings in the tournament are more for fun. (There are still trophies for best overall, general, painted.) The total prize pool is over $1,000 this year! That's very impressive for any tournament I think! So I'm super stoked for next weekend and to see how some of the new Tau tricks work! It's going to be a blast! Here's a shot of my army for next weekend!

Czar Ziggy

Exzendar
Shas'Saal

Re: [Project Log] TASH'VAR Coalition (Project: Stormsurge DONE)

Post#144 » Feb 15 2016 11:03

awesome army.... äh cadre!!
do you think about a airbrusch?
i like your green metallic armor.

Return to “Painting & Artwork”