[Project Log] TASH'VAR Coalition (Project: Breachers Part 2)

Post and discuss techniques, advice and your latest projects.
Czar Ziggy
Fio'Ui
Fio'Ui

Re: [Project Log] TASH'VAR Coalition (Project: Stormsurge DONE)

Post#145 » Feb 15 2016 11:16

Thanks Exzendar. I have thought about getting an air-brush, but I don't have any well ventilated areas in my house to use it. And, with the winters up here in Canada, haha, there would be no way I could use it outside once winter hits. Even this weekend it's -27C, with a windchill of -45C. And they're calling for 30-40cm of snow today. It would delay my winter painting. :D One Day when I get a proper house.

Czar Ziggy

Exzendar
Shas'Saal

Post#146 » Feb 16 2016 03:58

-27°!!! omg

catland88
Shas

Post#147 » Feb 16 2016 11:18

What you need is a spray booth and filter mask. http://www.amazon.co.uk/Airbrush-Extrac ... B00BHXIT8E

I use this on my desk in my little apartment. Comes with a fan to pull air through the filter to remove paint droplets before spitting them out. There's also a version with a big tube which you can put out a window, to send solvent fumes out.

The filter mask should be available in hardware shops.

Czar Ziggy
Fio'Ui
Fio'Ui

Post#148 » Jun 19 2016 08:09

Hey ATT! I realized that I never showed off the fully completed Breacher Team I made, just the parts that went to the tournament. So here you go for your viewing pleasure!

Czar Ziggy

Tael
Fio'O
Fio'O

Re: [Project Log] TASH'VAR Coalition (Project: Breachers DONE)

Post#149 » Jun 20 2016 05:26

These Breachers look so badass I've really got to wrap up my current projects and build a few :) Nice work as usual man.

Czar Ziggy
Fio'Ui
Fio'Ui

Re: [Project Log] TASH'VAR Coalition (Project: Breachers DONE)

Post#150 » Jun 20 2016 07:57

Tael wrote:These Breachers look so badass I've really got to wrap up my current projects and build a few :) Nice work as usual man.

Thanks Tael! :D I have to say they were a lot of fun to do. And I was spoiled for parts at the time too, between the new fire warrior kit, the burning dawn set (oh Pathfinders!), and a Ghostkeel and Stormsurge (with spare pilot parts!). I definitely want to do another squad, as well as a new Striker team.

Czar Ziggy

Czar Ziggy
Fio'Ui
Fio'Ui

Re: [Project Log] TASH'VAR Coalition (Project: Breachers Part 2)

Post#151 » Dec 18 2016 09:46

Hey ATT! So, I've got a little time now to post some of my new work. I've now started on my second squad of Breachers! Hopefully I can make them look as epic as the last squad. I'm also still spoiled for parts as I also picked up the new battle force set (Targeted Reconnaissance Cadre) for myself! :crafty: So here are some shots of where I'm at! (which is only 2 guys into the squad :P )

Czar Ziggy

Agentarrow
Fio'Vre
Fio'Vre

Post#152 » Dec 19 2016 03:52

I definitely thought that first guy was a Fireblade at first.
Well done though, looking forward to the rest of the force!

Tael
Fio'O
Fio'O

Post#153 » Dec 23 2016 01:33

The plastics really make Tau stout lads - with broader panels these metal schemes really work; the previous thin form limbs made it odd seeming. Good to see some updates :D

Czar Ziggy
Fio'Ui
Fio'Ui

Post#154 » Dec 28 2016 09:52

@ Tael - Thanks! Also, I had also noticed that they seemed a bit more "squat" with the new plastics. But I have a plan for down the road mixing and matching the old plastics with the new. I wonder how they'll turn out.

@Agentarrow - That was totally the plan. He's my Fireblade in Training. Nothing makes you more dangerous as a Fireblade than spending some time with the Breachers.

Hey ATT! So, update time. But not for my Breachers! I just finished assembling my new Commander from the Battleforce set. I've modeled him after one of the new art pieces in our codex, which I also use as the background on my phone. I've been so captivated by this pose, and now I've made it into an actual model. So now, to introduce Commander Moon Stalker! He will be heading up my Retaliation Cadre in my Coalition.

Czar Ziggy

Tael
Fio'O
Fio'O

Post#155 » Jan 08 2017 10:47

Okay, that's badass - love it. Great choice of inspiration. What stage is he at now? New Year's have been hectic for me, only just back at the hobby desk this week!

Czar Ziggy
Fio'Ui
Fio'Ui

Post#156 » Jan 09 2017 06:47

Hey Tael, here is where I'm at with my new Commander. (He's in his Master Chief phase ;) ) And for Sitzkreig, a better shot of the Resin Commander from 6th VS the new plastic hotness of the 7th Commander.

Czar Ziggy

Tael
Fio'O
Fio'O

Post#157 » Jan 29 2017 10:06

Master Cheif indeed :D

Where's the paint work at now? I've been flat out supply art to clients this new years month, only just getting a moment to drop in on my subbed threads :)

Czar Ziggy
Fio'Ui
Fio'Ui

Post#158 » Jan 31 2017 03:43

I'll post some pics once I'm back from my honeymoon! I think I put some on my blog.

Czar Ziggy

Ifrit
Shas'La
Shas'La

Post#159 » Jan 31 2017 06:13

Your commanders pose is fantastic.
I'm curious as to what you're going to do about the sides.... it just looks kind of empty, maybe some sand bags, or ammo crates? Maybe some IG bodies or something like that?

Czar Ziggy
Fio'Ui
Fio'Ui

Post#160 » Feb 20 2017 11:49

Well, I'm back from my Honeymoon and I can now put some pictures up!

@Ifrit - I decided to put some smoke under the gun to fill the holes. It's my first time using cotton to make smoke, but I think it looks pretty neat.

And now that the Commander is done, I've started working on my second Ghostkeel. I like the pose of this once a lot more than my first one. And I'm still working away on those Breachers.

Czar Ziggy

Ifrit
Shas'La
Shas'La

Post#161 » Feb 20 2017 09:56

I'd add a little bit of black and grey to give it that smoke look. Otherwise looks really freaking fantastic. :biggrin: :biggrin:

Ironsky
Shas'La
Shas'La

Post#162 » Feb 21 2017 02:00

Congratulations on the (presumably recent) wedding!

Great pose on the commander! I agree with Ifrit, maybe sprinkle some charcoal powder into the smoke, but otherwise fantastic work!

Return to “Painting & Artwork”