Duredhel's Art - Is back!

Post and discuss techniques, advice and your latest projects.
Firestorm
Shas

Re: Duredhel's Art - New avatar set.

Post#145 » Jun 12 2010 11:44

So since the Black Templar is free and matches the paint scheme I have on my own Knights Templar Chapter I guess I'll say, thanks for the free avatar. Love your work. Keep up the fabulous work man.

Duredhel
Shas'Vre
Shas'Vre

Re: Duredhel's Art - New avatar set.

Post#146 » Jul 03 2010 04:19

Some superheavy concepts, part of a project commissioned by Dal'yth Mont'sha.

Duredhel
Shas'Vre
Shas'Vre

Re: Duredhel's Art - Superheavy Concepts

Post#147 » Jul 23 2010 11:29

Hey guys, a while back I as tasked with the Peruvian Warhammer league with designing a Nicassar advisor they could model to use as an objective marker. So asked LordDirk permission to use some of his ideas and combine them with my own Nicassar to create this would be objective. Once the guys from Yawarhammer start modeling it and send me pics, i'll repost them here.

Also later this week i'll UL a more defined superheavy from Dal'yth Mont'sha's commission.
Wish i could have finished all these things a while back, but i was in finals till yesterday...
Last edited by Duredhel on Jul 23 2010 06:10, edited 1 time in total.

Che Gue'vesa
Gue'El
Gue'El

Re: Duredhel's Art - Nicassar Advisor Design.

Post#148 » Jul 23 2010 11:41

Wow Duredhel,

I like those Nicassar concepts, hm I might try to make a marker like that too!

Tael
Fio'O
Fio'O

Post#149 » Jul 26 2010 12:02

Very organic with a nice flow giving the creature a natural shape despite enclosed within an armoured shell. I like this particularly as it helps reinforce how helpless these beings are when dirt-side. In a perfect setting their encounter suits supports them, but in a stranded, fresh out of the ejection pod.. pretty bad day.

Look forward to the results inspired in these joint concepts. I haven't seen as much conceptualising and conversion work for any other race but Tau, says something about the range and the passion of the hobbyists involved.

- Tael. :)

Duredhel
Shas'Vre
Shas'Vre

Post#150 » Oct 26 2010 10:29

Hey guys.
I've been away for a while, incredibly busy with school and work. However I am working on a new avatar set which I should be able to post up this weekend and thought I'd show you a little sneak peek!

Che Gue'vesa
Gue'El
Gue'El

Re: Duredhel's Art - New Avatar Set Sneak Peek

Post#151 » Oct 26 2010 10:55

That is an awesome looking avatar.

Can't wait to see the others.

Kern
Kroot

Post#152 » Oct 26 2010 01:21

Once again, one of the most awe-inspiring avatars ever. Taken!

EDIT: about the Nicassar, I just noticed how big that thing is! Wouldn't it be the cutest diplomat ever on a FW scale? Then the tentacles would be his front :biggrin: Anyway, looking forward to those avatars!
As life flies past, you better grab it!

Orpheus Hangar
Shas

Post#153 » Oct 26 2010 02:08

Ooooh, very nice! If you were to do some Skaven-like Hrud, that would just be soooooo cool! :biggrin: I'm really digging the Tarellian; it's different than most other conversions/concepts I've seen, and I like that originality!

Tael
Fio'O
Fio'O

Post#154 » Oct 26 2010 09:56

Welcome back Duredhel, good to see some more of your work. Any word on the Nicassar model you sketched for?

I've begun adding your avatars to the database with ATT theme, just need good couple hours to process them a block at a time. The originals will be available here in your thread :)

- Tael.

Duredhel
Shas'Vre
Shas'Vre

Post#155 » Nov 27 2010 04:55

New Avatar set guys!
Sorry I took so long, this time around there's Tarellians (including the sneak peek Tarellian) and some Tau.

ImageImageImageImageImageImage

@ Tael Yeah i've got to ask the guys in Peru how that is going. Let's hope they've managed to do some progress on it. As soon as I get infor and/or pictures, I'll relay it here.

I figure, for my next avatar set, I could do some Polling, I hope people don't mind, but I just have too many options and I'm having a hard time deciding amongst them. Keep in mind i'm going to be doing six avatars per set. So here are my options;

- Tau Shas
- Tau Fio
- Tau Kor
- Tau Por
- Tau Aun
- Kroot
- Gue'vesa
- Vespid
- Nicassar
- Demiurg
- Tarellian
- Galgs
- Maxxev's Torren
- Orpheus' Hrud
- Tael's Shea'shi
- Tael's Naga

So yes, if you have any favorites, or suggestions, let me know!

O'Ka'mesa
Fio

Re: Duredhel's Art - Tarellian Avatar set is up!

Post#156 » Nov 27 2010 06:58

I would say Shea'shi, Naga and a Fio.

Your Tarellians remind me of the alien lizards from that Zathura movie or maybe the baby godzillas, they're probably the ones I like best so far. Keep up the good work :)
We must master ourselves before mastering our enemy.

Kakapo42
Shas'Vre
Shas'Vre

Post#157 » Nov 27 2010 07:05

Top notch as always Duredhel.

I would say Kor, Fio and Aun. You seem to have done plenty of Shas and Por, so perhaps now you could flesh out the other castes as well?
A Shas and a Kor walk into a bar...
Naked Metal

Duredhel
Shas'Vre
Shas'Vre

Post#158 » Nov 27 2010 07:13

@kakapo Actually other than Shas, i've only drawn one male and female of each of the other castes.

Militant.Jester
Shas'Ui
Shas'Ui

Post#159 » Nov 28 2010 02:38

Very nice work. Just saying, I really like the two you did a while back of A) the Fire Shas with the red warpaint and B) the female Tau (I don't know the caste) with a cool hood thing going on. I don't know if I ever said anything but they were awesome (one was my avatar for a while).

*looks at poll*

Dude, dude, dude, I don't remember the name but if you did one of Tael's auxiliaries - I think they were the Shea'shi - that would be so awesome. The ones that were kind of lion-like and had awesome ribbons and stuff going on. Please with a cherry on top. :D
Ni neart go cur le cheile::Cadre Log Activating...

Che Gue'vesa
Gue'El
Gue'El

Post#160 » Nov 28 2010 11:15

They look amazing,

my favorites for the next batch would be some Fio and some Shae'shi.

FireTrident
Gue

Post#161 » Dec 03 2010 02:28

More Aun and Demiurg... if you so please :D
Codex Tau Federation

Orpheus Hangar
Shas

Post#162 » Dec 03 2010 02:45

I think it should be obvious what I'd like to see (Hrud and She'ashi for those 'saals who're on the slow side)! :P

Also, those Tarellians are WICKED! I'm picky about my reptiles, and I gotta say that you nailed that sharp angular/draconic look that I do like!

P.S.: If you DO do Skaven-themed Hrud, PLEASE base them on the newer sculpts instead of those horrid babboon-looking ones from the previous sets! :eek:

Return to “Painting & Artwork”