Duredhel's Art - Is back!

Post and discuss techniques, advice and your latest projects.
Duredhel
Shas'Vre
Shas'Vre

Re: Duredhel's Art - Added some commissioned Tau art.

Post#127 » May 21 2010 10:44

Uhm, guys, if you post images in this thread, could you please use the thumbnail function in photobucket? So as to save a little space.

Duredhel
Shas'Vre
Shas'Vre

Re: Duredhel's Art - Crisis Suit Banner

Post#128 » May 22 2010 09:48

Here are a pair of commissioned pieces;

for Rus'el

for O'Shatta Hens

Rus'el
Shas

Post#129 » May 23 2010 02:09

Duredhel,

The Avatar is top notch, Many thanks.

I very much like the composition you have done for O'Shatta Hens. It really shows off OSH's suits.

Keep up this great work.

Rus'el
War is not about who's right, it's about who's left!

Yami Kero
Shas

Post#130 » May 23 2010 04:06

Although I like the Rus'El's avatar, the scenery for O'Shatta Hens is breathtaking! Instantly my mind wondered off thinking:' what planet is that? have the Imperials fled or have they been defeated? Maybe this is a Tau scout mission?'.

A true inspiration Duredhel!

Duredhel
Shas'Vre
Shas'Vre

Post#131 » Jun 02 2010 01:28

Thanks for the comments guys! sorry the lack of activity.
Here is a small avatar I made for a friend and some commission pics.

ImageImageImageImage

I'm working on another free avatar set to post soon. Hopefully I can finish it soon!

russ29
Shas'Ui
Shas'Ui

Post#132 » Jun 02 2010 01:47

Awesome work once again! I simply love the black templar, and that angle as well. Anyway, what are the rest? They don't seem to be 40k type, or at least, not familiar to me. But really nice nonetheless. Two thumbs up!
Through unity, devastation

Duredhel
Shas'Vre
Shas'Vre

Post#133 » Jun 02 2010 06:52

Thanks Russ.
The other pieces for the same iPhone TGC as some of my other commissions :3

Lone Ranger
Shas'Ui
Shas'Ui

Post#134 » Jun 02 2010 08:57

Great artwork. I like how diverse you've managed to make the tau look while still being cohesive. They look like an actual species of individuals. All of the 40k stuff is very unified looking while diverse. I assume the squid thing is a nicassar and the stone faced guy is a demiurg? The kroot with the eyepatch looks like a classic space pirate mercenary type. They all look perfectly at home with the rest of the humans and tau, the overall look is very nice.

You should try some more skin tone variety in the Tau. Some darker blue hued skin tones, or very pale grey-white ones perhaps or different bone structures or ethnic markers. Maybe even freckled or spotted skins? Tribal scarring?
Forget injuries, never forget kindnesses.

Duredhel
Shas'Vre
Shas'Vre

Post#135 » Jun 10 2010 01:16

Hey guys!

I figured I'd make up for posting so little lately, so here we go, avatar galore!

All of these are free to use avatars, so feel free to take your pick.
PD - The person I did the Black Templar for decided he wanted to have it remade, so the original version is now a free avatar too.

ImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage

Enjoy!

Mauler
Shas

Re: Duredhel's Art - WHAMMY! New avatar set.

Post#136 » Jun 10 2010 04:54

Chuffin' nice work m8, keep it up :smile:

T'au Doran'ro
Shas

Post#137 » Jun 10 2010 07:41

Thanks Duredhel, you are amazing :biggrin: !

I love how your Tau girls look, would be nice to have some of those heads in army.

I try to choose something for myself in place of the blurry pic of my commander Calm Mind (T'au Doran'ro). Tau11 has perfect face and sept markings, but isn't he an Ethereal? Copy of Tau3 in white was nice, but Tau2 is better. My model had a bionic eye taken from Stealsuit over a similar scar. The only problem are sept colours. Is there a chance to see Tau2 in T'au colours :smile: ?

I fell too humble to ask, but if you are not very busy, maybe you can even take a look at my commander here and mix it with Tau2 and colours from Tau11, please :biggrin: ?
Ohhh. Great warrior. Wars not make one great. - Yoda

Duredhel
Shas'Vre
Shas'Vre

Post#138 » Jun 10 2010 09:11

Thanks for the comments guys. The last two Tau are actually Water Caste diplomats. They have more human-like facial structure, elevated nasal ridges and painted on eyebrows XD. These two are obviously meant to deal with Gue'vesa, so they are picked and decorated to make Gue'vesa feel more comfortable talking to a Xeno.

Here you go Doran'ro. Color changes are actually quite simple, all you need to know is how to do selections and handle the Hue/Saturation adjustments in photoshop.

Fi'rios Shi'ur
Por

Post#139 » Jun 10 2010 09:30

Wow! Someone's been productive... :P
The new batch looks fantastic Duredhel

The Nicassar in your latest batch of avatars has rekindled my liking of the earlier one. I hope you don't mind if I use him.
I know I'm a Por, so lets just say he's a Nicassar emissary of some discription. I'm not sure the species really has what it takes in the 'looks' department to make a good first impression, so they are bound to need some fast-talkers to negotiate with.
Quickly flipped him around so that he's looking at the boards, and not out across my room, (again, hope you don't mind this).

Once again, great output in your latest post;
I particularly like the Kroot with the hood, and the new Nicassar!

Fi'rios Shi'ur
Man! The Mars Volta are crazy...

T'au Doran'ro
Shas

Post#140 » Jun 10 2010 12:43

Great! This one will do nicely :nice: . He looks more grim and warrior-like, but still calm. Thanks a lot :biggrin: . Water Caste diplomats are also great - there is kindness in their face and they have fashionable clothes ;) . Gue'la will be hard pressed not to surrender to the Greater Good.

I must say, you got great talent for facial expression. Tau faces don't have too much features, in fact they are flat. There is a great chance that all Tau avatars should look the same, but you manage in some way to make them all stand out. I can read from their faces feelings, attitude, maybe even their role or occupation. Warriors are grim or audacious, diplomats are nice, girls are beautiful and hot in some way :crafty: . Really good job!
Ohhh. Great warrior. Wars not make one great. - Yoda

Duredhel
Shas'Vre
Shas'Vre

Post#141 » Jun 10 2010 06:24

@ Doran'ro - Glad you like them mate, and yeah I always try to convey some personality in the expression, don't always get it right XD but hey, i try.

@ Fi'rios - Sure thing, go ahead and use the Nic. I'm always happy when I spot one of my avatars around threads in ATT. Specially now that the thread has somewhat died down, spotting people using my avatars lets me know i'm not doing them for naught,

J'Kaara Nan
Shas'Ui
Shas'Ui

Post#142 » Jun 10 2010 08:49

Any chance I could talk you into making a Farsight avatar for me?

Keep up the great work, either way. I'm still dumbfounded about how you crank these out in such a short time. No matter what system your using the amount of detail, colour layers and realism is way above par.
Enclave of the 7 Swords: 12-5-2

Duredhel
Shas'Vre
Shas'Vre

Post#143 » Jun 10 2010 10:06

@J'kaara Nan - I'm always up for commissions, so if you ever want to commission a farsight pic, just send me a PM ;)

Update - Added ALL the available free avatars (which, with the 10 new ones, now make a nice big square o' art) to the first post.

Tael
Fio'O
Fio'O

Re: Duredhel's Art - New avatar set.

Post#144 » Jun 11 2010 11:57

A great collection in the latest pieces there Duredhel, enjoy seeing your work evolve as you explore variations beyond the tau norm :)

- Tael.

Return to “Painting & Artwork”