Truly "Stealth" XV25

Post and discuss techniques, advice and your latest projects.
shartma
Shas

Post#19 » Jul 14 2006 01:12

I'll pick up a box and see what I can do.

T0nkaTruckDriver
Shas'O
Shas'O

Post#20 » Jul 14 2006 01:57

Fish&Chips wrote:If you can make those clear-plastic XV25s I am sure there are many people who would pay handsomely for some (myself included.).

It's arguable whether the simple casting of resin figures produced from molds of GW minis is illegal. However, the selling of said figures is definitely illegal and no discussion of such commercial ventures will be tolerated on these boards.

Feel free to discuss molding and casting techniques to your heart's content. From here on out though, any discussion of the sale of such products will be removed.

Fish&Chips
Shas

Post#21 » Jul 14 2006 02:12

Sorry.
Is fearr Gaeilge bhriste ná Béarla cliste.

psyxe
Fio

Post#22 » Jul 16 2006 02:11

yes tonka i agree and had no ambition in selling them, i know my limits. although i might find someone to spruce them up to look better
like the eyes and a few minor details could be painted (so in the context it would be as if there's a pair of floating lenses)

Psyxe

T0nkaTruckDriver
Shas'O
Shas'O

Post#23 » Jul 16 2006 06:44

psyxe wrote:I might find someone to spruce them up to look better like the eyes and a few minor details could be painted (so in the context it would be as if there's a pair of floating lenses)

They look good either way. A couple folks have suggested inking or blacklining in the armor cracks, but I can't bring myself to attempt it since you can't "paint over it" if you make a mistake on a clear model like you can on other models. Here's what they look like with the optics, etc picked out with paint. Doing this also helps quiet the folks who like to whine about violation of the 3-color rule.

faol
Shas

Post#24 » Jul 16 2006 07:34

Ohhhhh pretty :nice: I kow at michael's craft store I've seen a jewel paint that would be really nice for the lenses.
Burst Cannons Take Aim!

psyxe
Fio

Post#25 » Jul 16 2006 08:09

that... actually does look very nice... i might consider this sooner than i expected..
curious as to where you picked that guy up! looks awesome..

Psyxe

LordKnyght
Shas

Post#26 » Jul 18 2006 12:40

faol wrote:Ohhhhh pretty :nice: I kow at michael's craft store I've seen a jewel paint that would be really nice for the lenses.

<cough> Stain glass paint works great too <coughs>

Many years ago I used to attend a sci0fi con in Columbus Ohio called Marcon. A bud of mine wanted a staff for his wizard costume to take with him and was willing to pay good money for it so I "helped" him out. I took a glass Christmas globe and scuplted a human hand that was decaying around it. After I did that I went out intot he woods here and found a nice long branch that was comfortable to hold. After pulling the bark off and letting it sit for about 8 months I drilled a hole in the center of the staff and inserted a mini flashight. It was made so we could remove the flashlight to replace the batteries. I played around with some colors and in the end I used a red stain glass window treatment on the lens. The final effect was beautiful. When the light was turned off, the globe was clear, but when the light was on, the globe glowed red. The SOB sold it to some guy at the con for over 3X what he paid me to make it.
Claim the fire within, then unleash it upon your foe

Return to “Painting & Artwork”