Would like advice please

Post and discuss techniques, advice and your latest projects.
Shas'ONovalie
Shas

Would like advice please

Post#1 » Jan 27 2017 12:14

I'm trying for a dark urban look, this is just a Proof of concept not an end result.

I know I like the colours but I have a feeling it's needs something to make it pop.

Please give advice but not thinning paint, proof of concept remember lol

Shas'ONovalie
Shas

Re: Would like advice please

Post#2 » Jan 27 2017 12:19

Huh looks like you guys need to update your photo sharing info, photo bucket only gives me options to pay for services like printing nothing about making albums for cloud storage and fliker must have changed the how to share because it doesn't give me a bbcod ewhen i go to share

I'll fix with more info

Panzer
Shas'Saal

Post#3 » Jan 27 2017 01:11

Urgh not a great fan of photobucket anyway. Just use imgur like normal people. :D

Also you can always rightclick on the picture -> 'open in new tab' and then take the url from there. ;)

TauMan
Shas'Ui
Shas'Ui

Post#4 » Jan 27 2017 01:23

Shas'ONovalie wrote:Huh looks like you guys need to update your photo sharing info, photo bucket only gives me options to pay for services like printing nothing about making albums for cloud storage and fliker must have changed the how to share because it doesn't give me a bbcod ewhen i go to share

Shas'ONovalie
Photobucket isn't as user friendly as it use to be, for some reason the process of uploading photos is now more complicated than it use to be. I don't know why that is, but I just uploaded and posted the art you see below.

Ignore all of Photobuckets attempts to sell you something and do this:

1. Login to Photobucket
2. On your homepage click on the UPLOAD button. It will be the second button in between LIBRARY and PRINT SHOP.
3. This brings you to Upload page, then click on the blue CHOOSE PHOTOS AND VIDEOS, this will pull up your upload menu on your computer and upload image

NOTE: On the bottom left hand corner there should appear your image with a blue SAVE button in the right hand corner.

5. Click on SAVE.
6. At this point you have two choices that will get you to the same place.
6a. Click on the VIEW LIBRARY button in the middle of the page OR,
6b. Click on the LIBRARY button in the tool bar on the top of the page.
7. This brings you to YOUR RECENT UPLOADS page and you should see your uploaded image with following link boxes listed below it.
Email & IM
Direct
HTML
IMG

8. Copy the link in the DIRECT box
9. Then on whatever A.T.T. thread that you want to post on, paste the link it into the Img html command line.

NOTE: To view any of your uploads on Photobucket your default trick is to go to LIBRARY or VIEW LIBRARY. That will take to you to your most recent upload. Although Photobucket isn't that easy to use, you can use any other photo sharing site, as long as you can get a link that will post on A.T.T.

Honestly I just grabbed the first thing in my images file, I didn't know it was this! :P

Hope that helps!

The TauMan
Viro’los gu brath!
N.Y.A.B.X.T.T.

Shas'ONovalie
Shas

Post#5 » Jan 27 2017 01:34

Maybe because it's a new account I don't know what it wants me to do is pay for a subscription before uploading anything

No option to get around it and less I want to give them a credit card number

TauMan
Shas'Ui
Shas'Ui

Post#6 » Jan 27 2017 06:30

Shas'ONovalie you shouldn't ever charged for using Photobucket. Just do what he said... ;)
Panzer wrote:Urgh not a great fan of photobucket anyway. Just use imgur like normal people. :D

TauMan
Viro’los gu brath!
N.Y.A.B.X.T.T.

Shas'ONovalie
Shas

Post#7 » Jan 27 2017 11:10

Lol I would post a screenshot shot if I could load pics....

Photo bucket is telling me to pick options for upload, all paid no skip or free options

Now fliker works fine except how you upload to here, when clicking share it doesn't give a BBCode on my iPad. The copy paste link does not include it, how do I make that work with your server capabilities?

Again no photobucket, I will not give them my credit card info to post pictures here. If your site does not support fliker anymore let me know please.

Panzer
Shas'Saal

Post#8 » Jan 28 2017 04:39

Man i really don't know why it's so hard for you. Upload it SOMEWHERE (as said imgur is a great place to upload pictures) and if you can't find any fancy option for bbcodes or whatever just take the url of the picture itself (ends with .jpg usually), hit the 'img' tags and put the link inbetween. Done.

Code: Select all

[img]http://2static.fjcdn.com/pictures/Random_28a709_6071096.jpg[/img]

Shas'ONovalie
Shas

Post#9 » Feb 17 2017 03:03

Finally some free time to try this again

Looks like this method works is free and doesn't bug me for my credit card :D Looks like this method works is free and doesn't bug me for my credit card :D please tell me what you guys/gals think... and please remember this is a proof of concept.

https://i.imgur.com/OfvSCLZ.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/fI4yiyd.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/HQkbojD.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/8Y8TVpv.jpg

Return to “Painting & Artwork”