Color Scheme Advice

Post and discuss techniques, advice and your latest projects.
Rayscarnage
Shas'Saal

Color Scheme Advice

Post#1 » Jul 13 2017 03:28

http://www.imgur.com/gallery/q7gPU

This is my first try at a color scheme for tau, I didnt paint the emblem yet but it<s either gonna be red, silver or orange.

Also my first post on this site other than A reply so any pointers or if I posted this on the wrong board please tell me.

Any advice or point?

SniperTau
Shas'La
Shas'La

Re: Color Scheme Advice

Post#2 » Jul 13 2017 04:34

First of all, if you are new, you should post an introduction in the subforum dedicated to new players introductions.

now that we have that out of the way... :D
The first thing I noticed was how the colours all blended into one another. Basically this can be fixed by highlights on the blue and where the grey touches the blackish mix. second, there are many parts that could benefit from silver and gold paint, namely the ball thing on the pulse rifle and certain other detailing. I think the emblem should be painted either gold or orange, as those are the two brightest colours and will contrast sharply with the rest of the colours. if you are painting it orange, consider adding sept markings in orange too. this will make the sept sa'cea, which focuses on urban combat. Good luck!

Tau'va

Sniper :)

live4hisglory
Shas

Post#3 » Jul 13 2017 04:35

Are you leaving the rest of the model unpainted?

Ricordis
Shas'La
Shas'La

Post#4 » Jul 13 2017 04:45

It seems to be painted...Eshin grey?

Rayscarnage
Shas'Saal

Post#5 » Jul 13 2017 05:21

color scheme tryout. Celestra grey eshen grey and a homemade mix,

all the details arent done. They will be done. It is a work in progress but I wanted a little feed back on the choice of pale grey dark grey and blue. I think I will go with the orange and the orange marking.

I did actually post as my second thing the format with my name and the survay :D

Arka0415
Shas'Ui
Shas'Ui

Post#6 » Jul 13 2017 06:23

Grey is a nice color, but it does make the model look unpainted. Will your final scheme incorporate more colors?

Panzer
Shas'Saal

Post#7 » Jul 14 2017 06:38

I'd really advice against this kind of grey as color for bigger areas. It's really hard to paint in a way that it doesn't look like unpainted plastic. A darker grey would work better.

Rayscarnage
Shas'Saal

Post#8 » Jul 25 2017 09:58

https://imgur.com/gallery/4SSUc

Well this is finished(ish) results. Need a base and the marking that I need to research and the last coat of mate varnish to tone down the gloss varnish I used before the oil wash.

Still up to for some feed back (this is actually my first finished(ish) t'au)

Return to “Painting & Artwork”