Ghostly Daemon's Fire Warriors in Four Hours

Post and discuss techniques, advice and your latest projects.
Ghostly Daemon
Shas'Saal

Ghostly Daemon's Fire Warriors in Four Hours

Post#1 » Oct 01 2017 06:02

Well, last night I finished building a new squad of Fire Warriors. I love the 2017 models, they seem so much nicer than the old models with better poses (and a female head, which I'm sure wasn't available before?).

I have a campaign starting next week and need to get these painted and ready. I'm away for work Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday so today is my only chance to get these suckers finished!

I figured posting a log on here as I go will 1, motivate me and 2, show you guys my custom Sept colours and paint scheme!

So without further ado, here are the first 2 images!

Assembled and ready to go, love the heroic pose for the front left one!

Quick base coat of white, just waiting for them to dry!
:fear: :fear: :fear: :fear: :fear: :evil:

Arka0415
Shas'Ui
Shas'Ui

Re: Ghostly Daemon's Fire Warriors in Four Hours

Post#2 » Oct 01 2017 06:40

So, are you intentionally not adding the antenna or shoulder pads? They seem to me like iconic parts of the Fire Warrior image! Or, will you be adding them on later?

Ghostly Daemon
Shas'Saal

Post#3 » Oct 01 2017 06:50

Arka0415 wrote:So, are you intentionally not adding the antenna or shoulder pads? They seem to me like iconic parts of the Fire Warrior image! Or, will you be adding them on later?

I honestly prefer them without! Last time I tried to put them on, they constantly snapped off or were too fiddly, so I left them. As for the shoulder pads, I give one to the Shas'ui in each squad so I can differentiate them, but again I kind of prefer them without I think :D

nix0n
Shas'La
Shas'La

Post#4 » Oct 01 2017 07:23

The new Fire Warrior sculpts sure are amazing.
And the head antenna has been given more girth to prevent it from snapping. Although if you prefer to not to fiddle with gluing them thats totally understandable.

Can't wait to see some painted models :)
Cheers!
Nix

Ghostly Daemon
Shas'Saal

Post#5 » Oct 01 2017 07:56

Progress!

I'm a fairly slow painter, so getting this far already makes me pretty happy :D

Some backstory as to why they're Balthasar Gold...

About a year ago in my D&D campaign, I needed some warforged miniatures, reflavoured to clockwork soldiers. My friend had just picked up the Kill Team box set and said the Tau figures might do the trick. Painted them up in the brassy bronzey colour and they worked perfectly! Since that point, I've played more and more 40k so I've just stuck to the original theme! All my Crisis suits, flyer, warriors, everyone has a similar scheme :D

DancinHobo
Shas

Post#6 » Oct 01 2017 10:55

Both the shoulder pads, and antenna are what are used to tell the difference between squad leaders. The antennas are the sept colors( dark blue for front guys, grey for back) and the shoulder pads have are the sept color In the middle. Of the whole pad for pathfinders Image

Ghostly Daemon
Shas'Saal

Post#7 » Oct 01 2017 11:20

Base colours are done!

Now to layer the skin tones and put on some highlights, then a quick wash and they're done!

Took longer than 4 hours, but hey ho!

Ghostly Daemon
Shas'Saal

Post#8 » Oct 01 2017 12:03

Washes done!

Reikland Fleshade on the armour and guns, Drakenhof Nightshade on the skin and Nuln Oil on the white part of the bonding knife!

When these are dry, I'll base them with Zandri Dust, spray them with some gloss sealer and then put some Agrellan Earth on the bases!

Ghostly Daemon
Shas'Saal

Post#9 » Oct 01 2017 01:06

And now we wait...

nbsp
Shas

Post#10 » Oct 01 2017 11:02

Wow, jelly.

Look nice. It takes me like 20+ hours to do one fire warrior, just finished my fourth (after starting in like April)

Ghostly Daemon
Shas'Saal

Post#11 » Oct 02 2017 04:09

Forgot to take a photo this morning, but the bases have dried and cracked nicely! Will give them a quick gloss spray when I'm back Wednesday and then they'll be done and ready to field!

Next project will probably by my Ghostkeel, so quick opinion time!

Fully paint it ala my Crisis Suits or do the "Stealth Field Effect" like my Stealth Suits?

Return to “Painting & Artwork”