Lostroninsoul paint gallery

Post and discuss techniques, advice and your latest projects.
Lostroninsoul
Shas'Saal

Lostroninsoul paint gallery

Post#1 » Oct 02 2017 12:07

Hello fellow comrades,
I just started collecting Warhammer 7/29/2017. I started painting with my worst models. I first painted a poorly casted ethereal (+12 hours). Then I painted my hover drone ethereal(14+ hours). Then I painted my Firewarrior breachers October 1st (+40 hours).

(These first few posts content are subject to editing over the next few days)
Last edited by Lostroninsoul on Oct 02 2017 12:26, edited 1 time in total.

Lostroninsoul
Shas'Saal

Re: Lostroninsoul paint gallery

Post#2 » Oct 02 2017 12:07

(reserved)

Lostroninsoul
Shas'Saal

Post#3 » Oct 02 2017 12:12

My first project was an ethereal I bought off eBay real cheap.

He became my first painted model. He served as a great test model. These were the results:

Lostroninsoul
Shas'Saal

Post#4 » Oct 02 2017 12:15

My second paint project was an ethereal hover drone straight from the sprue. This is the result:

Lostroninsoul
Shas'Saal

Post#5 » Oct 02 2017 12:22

This group of Firewarriors were my third paint project I just finished tonight 10/1/17. They were actually a failed magnetization project so I kind of messed up the sculpts a lil bit, but with paint magic my opponent won't notice probably. I'm still very new at this and have painting anything since art class at highschool over 10 years ago. I want to theme my army original tau sept theme. I went with Zamesi desert over the 'Tau Health and Safety department orange' (tau light ochre) because the color was unsettling displeasing to me. :-/

Another angle:

Isshiresshi
Kroot'La
Kroot'La

Post#6 » Oct 02 2017 01:03

Yeah the yellow / sand colour is a bit pleasing for the eye. Looks good. I like the bases too.

What about adding something of the same yellow colour or alike to the bases as well, so there is a connection between the army camouflage colour and their surroundings?

[EDIT] I just had a closer look at your pictures and not sure if its the light or my screen but is the flock yellow-ish, sand colour or grey?

Lostroninsoul
Shas'Saal

Post#7 » Oct 02 2017 08:01

What about adding something of the same yellow colour or alike to the bases as well, so there is a connection between the army camouflage colour and their surroundings?

[EDIT] I just had a closer look at your pictures and not sure if its the light or my screen but is the flock yellow-ish, sand colour or grey?

So, the Zamesi desert (yellow) does fool the eye to connect the base color with a more natural army desert camouflage look. I wasn't going for camouflage though. I was going to an original tau sept color scheme with only a switch on the Tau light ochre color (orange). Armor shading done with Skrag brown
The room was a little dark and it was late. So I did increase the brightness with my cameras light setting a little to try to best capture how maximum detail. The light came from a ceiling fixture so I know that the light source doesn't produce a true white light. This can distort pictures slightly. I think I captured the colors pretty accurately though. The bases have a 'gray ash' material. The brand was The Army Painter. I prepainted the base skavenblight dinge (grey) to help the grey ash appear more consistent in case any spots on the base top are missed. If any spots were a little bare, it wouldn't look so funky. I haven't really done my homework on doing bases actually, so I figured grey ground was a safer option. I totally winged it on doing the bases though. I didn't want to go sand color for the base because I was afraid it may make my figures not stand out so much. I didn't use green grass like bases because I didn't know if it would distract from the model detail.

Return to “Painting & Artwork”