Ko'Vas' Cadre Units 

Post and discuss techniques, advice and your latest projects.
Ko'Vas Vaal
Shas

Ko'Vas' Cadre Units 

Post#1 » Feb 08 2018 05:54

With my motivate back to painting my Tau army as well as the rumors of a new Escalation League started at my local shop, I wanted to post a very pictures of my new paint scheme. My plan here is to use this for feedback from the great minds of ATT to help my army painting improve.

So without delay I have been working on a shield drone and a fire warrior mostly, every so often adding more to my Riptide, but would like to get input on it before I get all carried away with the new paint scheme.

Have a some more to do on both models then will be adding snow to the bases. Also, I totally forgot to do the back side of the gun by his chest.

Thank you for taking a look and I look forward to hear what you all have to say.

Ko'Vas Vaal

greenman019
Shas

Re: Ko'Vas' Cadre Units 

Post#2 » Feb 08 2018 08:41

Usually not keen on purple colour schemes to be honest but this is pretty nice. Pretty unique looking.

All I've ever painted is less than half an Imperial fist army and a couple of minis of my Tau collection so can't offer much CC. I'm a pretty terrible painter :D

RoboBonobo
Shas

Post#3 » Feb 09 2018 02:10

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=3alPteRGn04 <<< MWG Tau vs. Iron Warriors (see around 3:00 or 3:15)

Similar to a handful of drones/suits this guy used. I like you paint scheme better. How does it stand up against exposed Tau flesh? Does it blend in too much?

Either way I think it's very well done.

Ko'Vas Vaal
Shas

Post#4 » Feb 09 2018 09:46

greenman019 wrote:Usually not keen on purple colour schemes to be honest but this is pretty nice. Pretty unique looking.

All I've ever painted is less than half an Imperial fist army and a couple of minis of my Tau collection so can't offer much CC. I'm a pretty terrible painter :D

Thank you Greenman019 for your honesty about the colour purple as well for the unique looking comment. Honestly, it took a bit to figure out as my first attempt didn't go so well. My first time painting when I first stated I was horrible and it hurts me inside when I play those models.

Please let me know if the purple starts to become to overbearing as other models get presented.

RoboBonobo wrote:https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=3alPteRGn04 <<< MWG Tau vs. Iron Warriors (see around 3:00 or 3:15)

Similar to a handful of drones/suits this guy used. I like you paint scheme better. How does it stand up against exposed Tau flesh? Does it blend in too much?

Either way I think it's very well done.

You are right about the drones in that link, they seem reversed from each other. Thank you for the complement regarding you opinion on my paint scheme. As for your questions I have not tried it yet against exposed Tau flesh yet. Honestly, I don't have many in my army as I'm nervous about painting flesh. But I will find a spare head and see what happens. Might change their skin tone slightly and see what happens.

Please check back as I will try to get more comlpete and let me know your thoughts. But honestly, I'm not the fastest of painters.

Ko'Vas Vaal
Shas

Post#5 » Feb 09 2018 10:01

Here is the beginning of my Riptide which I have also been using to figure out the rest of my battlesuits. Plus the Riptide tends to be my stand in right now for my Y'vahra. Only have one leg close to being done as I am figuring it out as I go.

Still trying to figure the thruster vent affects so don't mind the random red/orange colour by the ankle. :D

Please let me know your opinions.

Zeruel
Shas

Post#6 » Feb 10 2018 03:26

I don't like so much the purple colour scheme, but it's only my opinion, about the painting I don't like how you put the colour on the model, probably it's a problem linked with the base colour, maybe it could be better with a darker colour.

Return to “Painting & Artwork”