[Members] FireWarrior Gallery

Post and discuss techniques, advice and your latest projects.
kai'lore
Aun'O (Ret.)

[Members] FireWarrior Gallery

Post#1 » Jan 09 2008 04:08

Greetings all,

We have a nicely put together Battlesuit Gallery, so let's show off our fighting Shas'La.

If there is sufficient interest we can sticky this one too.

First off, my Vior'La Sept Fire Team.

Last edited by kai'lore on Feb 16 2008 12:45, edited 3 times in total.
Please visit my New Online Gallery Scale120

Shas'o Fortuna
Shas

Post#2 » Jan 09 2008 04:31

http://www.pbase.com/furious_one/image/28317885

Not my figures, but an interesting idea I've not seen before. Perhaps this may open up new ideas of... Firewarrior graffiti? I'll definitly stick this in the Inspiration folder, along with many other things I've seen on this forum, for the happy day when I finally get an army in plastic, and not just on paper! :)

EDIT: Actual image removed until such time as permission from artist might be secured. Go instead to his site and see all his excellent painting.

Thanks Kai... again
Last edited by Shas'o Fortuna on Jan 09 2008 05:13, edited 1 time in total.
Poor, Poor, Space Hedgehog Men

neontau
Shas

Post#3 » Jan 09 2008 04:54

Damnit, fortuna I have a test model sitting aside that is sitting aside with a simlar head to these, although I kept the lenses in place and only did half a skull. I was saving that design for my pathfinders as an alternative to the "web" design of my standard shasla.

Anyways a shot of my first shasla unit. New unit on the way.
+++NEON :fear: +++
Last edited by neontau on Jan 09 2008 11:20, edited 2 times in total.
PM for painting services. I ship worldwide.

Shi'Le'Vi
Shas

Post#4 » Jan 09 2008 05:57

Nice Kai, really nice (again).
You're good.. I adore you.. :P
Membership who? Prime what now?

faol
Shas

Post#5 » Jan 09 2008 07:21

I'll be posting <here> as soon as I can get a better pic of my fire warriors the ones I have are rather shameful :?
Burst Cannons Take Aim!

Jutami
Shas'Ui
Shas'Ui

Post#6 » Jan 09 2008 08:16

Guess I'll add my fearsomely numerous 2man firewarrior squad here. They'll be getting more numerous later. :)

http://i232.photobucket.com/albums/ee9/ ... U/FW22.jpg
http://i232.photobucket.com/albums/ee9/ ... U/FW23.jpg

Cheers

O'Mal
Shas

Post#7 » Jan 09 2008 09:29

Not much time before work but heres a shot or three.

I hear there are 40k gamers in Texarkana, PM me to game

Shi'Le'Vi
Shas

Post#8 » Jan 09 2008 11:17

Say neon, what's that bigger base? The one with one of your 'la lying down?
Mind to take a separate picture of it?

Edit: Looks good. Is it legal to use that kind of set-up on tabletop?

NeoHunter
Shas

Post#9 » Jan 09 2008 08:36

Shi'Le'Vi wrote:Say neon, what's that bigger base? The one with one of your 'la lying down?

I'm not so sure but at first glance, I am guessing its the 40mm round bases that normally comes with Crisis Battlesuits.

@kai'lore: I so hate you now. Your Fire Warriors look very clean and neat. Something which I have been struggling to achieve.

neontau
Shas

Post#10 » Jan 09 2008 09:01

Shi'Le'Vi wrote:Say neon, what's that bigger base? The one with one of your 'la lying down?

Yes, gamers, especially tournie gamers, are more than happy to overlook such conversions in favour of seeing them done. As long as doing such a model doesnt effect gaming mechanics due to the fact that the combined models base radius is directly proportional to their indiviual size, if not larger. It is a negative in gaming terms towards myself in that the first blast to hit the unit will HIT 2 models unless the gamer is willing to be a sport and count one as a hit and another as a partial. Though I don't care either way it looks cool and as long as I have the ability to convert I will continue to push the envelope on what is acceptable to do with a tau model/s.
PM for painting services. I ship worldwide.

Xovaan
Shas

Post#11 » Jan 10 2008 02:20

Sure, why not. Here's my current fire warrior collection. I was playing Apocalypse with Cities of Death and a guy on the other team actually missed shooting at one of my suits because they matched the terrain exactly! Be gentle, though. I've only been painting since mid September. :-(

i hate anime

NeoHunter
Shas

Post#12 » Jan 10 2008 04:04

Xovaan wrote:I was playing Apocalypse with Cities of Death and a guy on the other team actually missed shooting at one of my suits because they matched the terrain exactly!

Hahaha...this the first time I hear that somebody actually missed shooting because his opponent's colour scheme matches the terrain. I think you did a great job there then! If it ensures the survival of your battlesuit, who really cares anyway? Winning is everything!!! :D

Anyway, seen a lot of great looking Fire Warriors here. Shall have to post my own up to some time. Have to join in the fun!

kai'lore
Aun'O (Ret.)

Post#13 » Jan 10 2008 04:22

Xovaan, in action shots, very nice. Plus your guys carry krytonite, what's not to like!?! :smile:

P.S. thanks Neohunter... :-?

Shi'Le'Vi
Shas

Post#14 » Jan 10 2008 10:27

neontau wrote:Though I don't care either way it looks cool and as long as I have the ability to convert I will continue to push the envelope on what is acceptable to do with a tau model/s.

You go girl ! ;)

Dal'yth Dude
Shas'Ui
Shas'Ui

Post#15 » Jan 10 2008 11:23

Nice source lighting Xovaan! You're a braver 'la than me. My instrument lighting look like d'yi.
To a mind that is still, the whole universe surrenders.

Xovaan
Shas

Post#16 » Jan 10 2008 03:53

Thanks for the comments! I think I'm going to work on cleaning up my highlight and mold lines for the next batch. Great fire warriors in this thread. Hopefully I'll get enough practice in next semester between classes to get better!
i hate anime

NeoHunter
Shas

Post#17 » Jan 11 2008 02:29

kai'lore wrote:P.S. thanks Neohunter... :-?

Hee...sorry...sorry...I meant it in a good way. :)

kai'lore
Aun'O (Ret.)

Post#18 » Jan 11 2008 02:41

I know, just kidding around.

Return to “Painting & Artwork”