Frontier: A Choose your own Adventure (mk.2)

A shared universe of Tau stories, created by ATT posters.
Calmsword
Shas'Ui
Shas'Ui

Frontier: A Choose your own Adventure (mk.2)

Post#1 » Oct 13 2016 04:09

Hey everyone,

I know my posts have been hitting the Library hard with the Into Silence sotryline (which just got my latest post deleted because of auto-sign out ... :-? ) along with What Hideous Strength which I have since deleted. I intend to renew the entry for Into Silence, but as I'm a little winded from having lost so many pages, I started thinking:

With the recent competition and the interest in the Sol'ai Pioneers, I thought I'd do another Choose your Own Adventure story that involves the 'little' guys of the Empire rather than the glorious front Shadowsun is paving or the mythical defiance of Farsight.

I did one of these two or three years back as a precursor to Hivefleet Gorgon and the community seemed to dig it. In that story, Orbital members would vote at the end of every prompt as to what the characters should do. Very often this forced me into new and strange directions (the Pathfinder Team thwarted an attempt by a Kroot terrorist organization to jeopardize the border while working in concert with an insane Inquisitor).

A lot has happened since then. We've had a Third Sphere get stopped by a chapter sized coalition of Space Marines, lost our Supreme Ethereal... It's been rough.

The future is strange, so, I'd like to take a page from the past. If you, as a reader of the Library here on the Orbital, would like to participate in another adventure- I'd like to offer my humble yarn spinning for your enjoyment.

For the first vote:

1. Unto the Dark: An expedition to a newly discovered star system that has appeared near the Gulf. The Empire is in its Second Phase with little to no knowledge of a Galaxy beyond let alone an Imperium.
2. Rebellion: Gue'Vesa third generation colonist An'ya Vord's family is threatened by growing intrigue amongst the ruling families of her world when she learns there is a plot to assassinate a visiting Ethereal.
3. The Highest Wall: Fo'tan, a world on the edges of the Sol'ai Rift, suffers a brutal attack from the Eldar but when the pirates do not leave, it's up to a group of Pioneers to uncover the aliens true intentions.
~Good Hunting

TauMan
Shas'Ui
Shas'Ui

Re: Frontier: A Choose your own Adventure (mk.2)

Post#2 » Oct 13 2016 10:45

Calmsword

Calmsword wrote: 3. The Highest Wall: Fo'tan, a world on the edges of the Sol'ai Rift, suffers a brutal attack from the Eldar but when the pirates do not leave, it's up to a group of Pioneers to uncover the aliens true intentions.

Out of the three this sound like the most promising; however can I offer you a small twist in the plot? They're Eldar Corsairs and not Dark Eldar. Outcasts who have not yet left the path of the Eldar - like Prince Yriel of Iyanden. It's still grim dark, but also gives you more plot and character options. :smile:
Viro’los gu brath!
N.Y.A.B.X.T.T.

Calmsword
Shas'Ui
Shas'Ui

Post#3 » Oct 13 2016 04:29

That's one for "3"- I'll give it a few more days if anyone wants to toss in a vote.
~Good Hunting

El ZorDacK
Shas'Saal

Post#4 » Oct 13 2016 05:44

Pioneers!...with Yoshis!...and with pictures! So it will be cooperative
:crafty:

Calmsword
Shas'Ui
Shas'Ui

Post#5 » Oct 13 2016 06:49

Remember! Yo'shi (don't want any lawyers from nintendo jumping on me).

2 for 3.
~Good Hunting

chris13f
Shas'Saal

Post#6 » Oct 13 2016 07:25

I like 2

Kakapo42
Shas'Vre
Shas'Vre

Post#7 » Oct 13 2016 07:27

What, no options for Genestealer Cults? :P

I think option 3 would be best, since it plugs into material that's already in the public eye from the hobby contest. I would however suggest coordinating with Knightofthewr if you do, since my understanding is that Fo'tan is his brainchild.
A Shas and a Kor walk into a bar...
Naked Metal

Calmsword
Shas'Ui
Shas'Ui

Post#8 » Oct 13 2016 11:41

Kakapo42: You are absolutely right.
~Good Hunting

Return to “Into Silence”