[WIP] Shadow War Tau Team Pics...

Discuss every aspect of the Shadow War stand-alone game.
guges
Shas'La
Shas'La

[WIP] Shadow War Tau Team Pics...

Post#1 » Apr 02 2017 10:42

So here is my new "gang" for Shadow War: Armageddon. The left pistol arm comes from the Stormsurge Pilot. Going to be so much fun when I get gunslinger...

Last edited by guges on Apr 04 2017 06:13, edited 2 times in total.

Panzer
Shas'Saal

Re: WIP Shadow War Armageddon Pics...

Post#2 » Apr 02 2017 11:05

Very nice!
I should start a Shadow War thread as well. :D

Calmsword
Shas'Ui
Shas'Ui

Post#3 » Apr 02 2017 01:30

Where have a seen those bases before!!!

Good stuff man, I especialy like the file work on the faceplate (the anime style drilled holes I'm going to try out- looks good).

I'd recommend adding scout bitz: rope for the safety clip you can buy for your sniper.
~Good Hunting

guges
Shas'La
Shas'La

Post#4 » Apr 02 2017 04:02

That's just the pilot head from the Stormsurge. No filing or drilling.

Thanks for the positve comments!

guges
Shas'La
Shas'La

Post#5 » Apr 02 2017 08:10

Oh and the bases come from Sedition Wars. I got about four boxes of that game for $18 a piece just for the bases.

Panzer
Shas'Saal

Post#6 » Apr 02 2017 10:52

Haha just noticed you used a Breacher for the Rail Rifle...man how I wish we could take special weapons in our Strike Teams/Breacher squads. 5+ armor and 11p base cost hurts just so much in regular 40k. :D

That's even my biggest complaint on the Tau codex. We have basically no weapon options except for on Crisis Suits and the weapon options we have are usually "S5 AP5" or "S7 AP4" .... *yawn* :D

guges
Shas'La
Shas'La

Post#7 » Apr 03 2017 06:35

I think the problem could have easily been solved by just putting pulse rifles into our armory. Every model will be the same in Shadow War Tau armies until they come up with some kind of expansion.

Panzer
Shas'Saal

Post#8 » Apr 03 2017 07:15

guges wrote:I think the problem could have easily been solved by just putting pulse rifles into our armory. Every model will be the same in Shadow War Tau armies until they come up with some kind of expansion.

But not with the current SWA rules because right now Pulse Rifles are simply better than Pulse Carbines. Period.
Pulse Rifles could have -1 at short range to make it more fair although 0-15" is a lot for short range....mh maybe sustained fire 1 for Carbines?

guges
Shas'La
Shas'La

Post#9 » Apr 03 2017 09:37

Edited the first post with the full "gang" sans two drones. They're just Pulse Accelerator Drones and not terribly interesting.

Panzer
Shas'Saal

Post#10 » Apr 03 2017 10:42

Nice. Too bad they are pretty obviously Breacher with Pulse Blaster to any Tau player. Others probably won't see the difference though. :D

guges
Shas'La
Shas'La

Post#11 » Apr 04 2017 05:14

I don't think it will make that big a difference in Shadow War since there are no breachers. In a regular game of 40k, it probably wouldn't matter much either. Between Breachers, Warriors, and Pathfinders, they just don't look that different.

Panzer
Shas'Saal

Post#12 » Apr 04 2017 09:02

It matters only for the flair. They are 5+ armor guys with Carbines that look like 4+ armor guys with Tau shotguns. If you can live with that and if it won't confuse your opponents it's totally okay.
However as someone who KNOWS the difference it would confuse me a lot if I didn't know you can't use Breachers in SWA. The difference between Pathfinder models and Breacher models is bigger than you think if you look at them properly. ;)

Lyi'ot
Por'O
Por'O

Post#13 » Apr 04 2017 03:31

Panzer wrote:It matters only for the flair. They are 5+ armor guys with Carbines that look like 4+ armor guys with Tau shotguns. If you can live with that and if it won't confuse your opponents it's totally okay.
However as someone who KNOWS the difference it would confuse me a lot if I didn't know you can't use Breachers in SWA. The difference between Pathfinder models and Breacher models is bigger than you think if you look at them properly. ;)

Clearly, the answer is that ATT needs to make some home-brewed rules for using Breachers in SWA!

Nice work in progress! I suspect my Necron warriors will be far more boring.

guges
Shas'La
Shas'La

Post#14 » Apr 04 2017 03:52

I really like the way the Pulse Blasters look but didn't want to play a short ranged unit. My original solution to this was to add a second Pulse Blaster onto the end of the first to have the length of a Pulse Rifle and the look of a Plasma Blaster.

My first prototype proved this concept to be seriously ugly, however. So wanting them done for this weekend when the rules drop, I just made them Breachers.

I am currently wracking my brain for some way to make the Pulse Blasters longer and still look good. I'm thinking of adding marine scout sniper silencers to do this. Haven't tried a prototype yet but will probably do soon. It has to be some kind of bit that will be easy to add to the Pulse Blasters and easily attained in great enough numbers I can do it to 15 or so Pulse Blasters.

Will post more WIP pics soon. Trying to get them table quality by Saturday.

guges
Shas'La
Shas'La

Post#15 » Apr 04 2017 06:14

Now with primer!

Go go Farsight Enclaves!

I'm also kind of in love with the ammo feed I put on my recon drone's minigun...

Paulson
Shas'Ui
Shas'Ui

Post#16 » Apr 04 2017 07:03

If you're worried about the height on the recon drone you could always shorten the part that hangs down. I'll probably be doing that with mine as it's always looked weird to me. I know it's meant to fit inside the devilfish turret but it just looks awkward IMO. I do like the ammo feed you added and the barrel is much better than the stubby one that you get stock.

guges
Shas'La
Shas'La

Post#17 » Apr 04 2017 07:50

That's a Paulson Games minigun. If you're the same Paulson, I'm not surprised you like it :D . Some of the best aftermarket products ever made for 40k...

... all my Tau have them such as my WIP commander...

Tael
Fio'O
Fio'O

Re: [WIP] Shadow War Tau Team Pics...

Post#18 » Apr 08 2017 08:04

Nice work, I'm a fan of gearing up a kill team unit - got to look like dark alleyway operators :D

Good call on the stormsurge pilot arm - did not know about that one.

Return to “Shadow Ops Center”