[WIP] Shadow War Tau Team Pics...

Discuss every aspect of the Shadow War stand-alone game.
guges
Shas'La

[WIP] Shadow War Tau Team Pics...

Post#1 » Apr 02 2017 10:42

So here is my new "gang" for Shadow War: Armageddon. The left pistol arm comes from the Stormsurge Pilot. Going to be so much fun when I get gunslinger...

Last edited by guges on Apr 04 2017 06:13, edited 2 times in total.

Panzer
Shas'La

Re: WIP Shadow War Armageddon Pics...

Post#2 » Apr 02 2017 11:05

Very nice!
I should start a Shadow War thread as well. :D

Calmsword
Shas'Ui

Post#3 » Apr 02 2017 01:30

Where have a seen those bases before!!!

Good stuff man, I especialy like the file work on the faceplate (the anime style drilled holes I'm going to try out- looks good).

I'd recommend adding scout bitz: rope for the safety clip you can buy for your sniper.
~Good Hunting

guges
Shas'La

Post#4 » Apr 02 2017 04:02

That's just the pilot head from the Stormsurge. No filing or drilling.

Thanks for the positve comments!

guges
Shas'La

Post#5 » Apr 02 2017 08:10

Oh and the bases come from Sedition Wars. I got about four boxes of that game for $18 a piece just for the bases.

Panzer
Shas'La

Post#6 » Apr 02 2017 10:52

Haha just noticed you used a Breacher for the Rail Rifle...man how I wish we could take special weapons in our Strike Teams/Breacher squads. 5+ armor and 11p base cost hurts just so much in regular 40k. :D

That's even my biggest complaint on the Tau codex. We have basically no weapon options except for on Crisis Suits and the weapon options we have are usually "S5 AP5" or "S7 AP4" .... *yawn* :D

guges
Shas'La

Post#7 » Apr 03 2017 06:35

I think the problem could have easily been solved by just putting pulse rifles into our armory. Every model will be the same in Shadow War Tau armies until they come up with some kind of expansion.

Panzer
Shas'La

Post#8 » Apr 03 2017 07:15

guges wrote:I think the problem could have easily been solved by just putting pulse rifles into our armory. Every model will be the same in Shadow War Tau armies until they come up with some kind of expansion.

But not with the current SWA rules because right now Pulse Rifles are simply better than Pulse Carbines. Period.
Pulse Rifles could have -1 at short range to make it more fair although 0-15" is a lot for short range....mh maybe sustained fire 1 for Carbines?

guges
Shas'La

Post#9 » Apr 03 2017 09:37

Edited the first post with the full "gang" sans two drones. They're just Pulse Accelerator Drones and not terribly interesting.

Panzer
Shas'La

Post#10 » Apr 03 2017 10:42

Nice. Too bad they are pretty obviously Breacher with Pulse Blaster to any Tau player. Others probably won't see the difference though. :D

Return to “Shadow Ops Center”