Dubstep Tau by Boss Fearless (Sonic Hammerhead Finished!)

Post long term projects you have devised for your Tau or other hobby projects.
bossfearless

Re: Boss Fearless's Experimental Cadre (Update: Female Tau)

Post#71 » Sep 18 2013 12:41

@Orange: You leave that filthy Canada-heresy outside, mister! Shatner became American the moment he started bedding green women from Orion. It's the fast track to citizenship.

Mini-update, sans pictures:

I've been working on more than just tau girls, although to be fair this one also includes alien breasts. My Riptide (Now the XV117 Abyss) has been fully lit with one of the Powered Play alpha kits with red and orange LEDs. I built actual mountings for the shoulder guns out of spare hatches from Space Marine tanks, with a third hatch serving as the "collar" for the fire breathing dragon head. I nixed the idea of having a gun coming out of the mouth because it didn't end up looking right. Instead the thing has jaws off the front of an Ork warbike, though they've been filed down flatter since the Tau don't go for fangs and spikes as much. Still fierce looking. Also, I cut down some of the armor plates from the Dreadknight, thighs I think, and rigged them up as shin plates for the Abyss. The naked female pilot is shaping up well. I've posing her up out of the cockpit holding up a bonding knife as a sort of "rallying the troops" thing.

As for the Dreadknight, which will wind up as Amelia Pond's battlesuit "All In," I was looking at the idea of using some Defiler legs in place of the standard pair from the DK. It's all theory right now, though. I'll definitely have to go back to a regular self-wired LED circuit for this suit, since it's just too small for all the hardware that the alpha kit involves unless I build a great big base to hide it all. Aside from all this, I've painted up two more of the Desert Pimps and I'm happy with the way the squad is coming along. For once, I'm not trying just to get an entire army tournament-ready in a couple weeks. I'm content to take my time and actually enjoy painting each figure, and that's a great change for me.

Kael'yn
Fio'Ui

Post#72 » Sep 18 2013 02:04

bossfearless wrote:Screw logic, screw science and screw evolutionary precedent. My alien candy ravers have boobs because sexy alien girls are awesome. That's the way Kirk did it, the way Crichton did it, whatever Kevin Sorbo's character was on Andromeda, that's the way he did it too. That's the American Way, which makes these space boobs patriotic. 'Murrica, now with alien rave girls.

So, I'm assuming that I will receive some kind of shiny forum medal for ending the debate about Tau female junks once and for all in such a decisive manner. I'll just go get some internet polish for when that medal gets here.

As long as 40K will be in a sci-fi setting, fun-geeks always face science-nerds. So was my contribution...
It's a debate no one can win or loose, like discussions about Wookies fur, Vulcan ears, or Dalek plungers ... ;)

Seriously, keep this cadre up ... (with better bandiwth because some images does not appear...)

And ... Liara T'Soni FTW !

bossfearless

Post#73 » Sep 18 2013 02:25

I'm sorry, Kael'yn, did you miss the part where I won the argument forever and ever?

Also, mmmmmmm....sweet, heretical Liara. And let's not forget those Twi'leks. Taste the rainbow!

Lyi'ot
Por'O

Post#74 » Sep 18 2013 02:30

On the topic of Zealot's rather... voluptuous... pieces, I have to say I'm a little, well, put off. The breasts are just so large that I have no real interest in purchasing them. I mean, I understand why someone might want to purchase bitz like that, but at the end of the day I'll probably just stick to converting daemonette heads into female Fire Warrior heads, and keeping the chest pieces the same. There are several upside to this: the final product looks like the only female Tau head we have (Shadowsuns); it's not that expensive; I can imagine that more of my warriors are female, with their features obscured by helmets and armor. And as Kael'yn points out, the aforementioned Xenology didn't have much sexual dimorphism between tau genders, anyways. (But again, to each their own.)

Also: bossfearless, in that picture of the kneeling Pathfinder, the right forearm (left in the picture) looks a little rough. I know you positively reviewed these pieces -- how much sanding and work did it take to prepare them?

bossfearless

Post#75 » Sep 18 2013 02:59

That picture is actually posted without any significant prep done to it, specifically so that people could get a good idea of the actual quality of the bits. The fact that it looks "a bit rough" speaks to the quality of the bit's production. As far as the size of the breasts, I was put off initially at first. Trust me, once the shoulder plates are on and all the rest of the model's arts are attached, they seem to balance out a bit.

Nevar
Shas'Vre

Post#76 » Sep 18 2013 03:11

I always vote YES to boobs.

Personally I was planning on getting some and filing the chest down a bit into a more geometric shape to fit the aesthetic a bit more and give them more average sized fronts. Slightly altered chest plates seems more reasonable than form fitted breast plates... litarally.

~Nevar

Lyi'ot
Por'O

Post#77 » Sep 18 2013 04:37

Guys, while I totally understand that this is a discussion of sexy space ladies in a science fiction universe, for the love of the Aun, keep the conversation classy. Your Friendly Neighborhood Por has already diverted one Fire Warrior patrol away from this thread, but Manta airstrikes are in the queue, if you catch my drift. It's pretty clear that Boss Fearless is walking the line between "here's an update" and "here's some humor," but a few of the responses have been on the... unsubstantial side.

Post with honor, follow the Primers, don't lead each other into the Mont'au, be non-deviant members of the Empire, etc. etc.

bossfearless

Post#78 » Sep 18 2013 06:42

Mod says he wants substance. Might as well give him some substance ;)

XV117 Abyss reporting in. Cockpit assembly is built, and I'll get some closeups of t when the pilot is all the way finished as well. Filled in a lot of gaps and felt that it was finally ready for a good WIP shot. The torso is still separate from the legs, which means it currently pivots freely. Tonight I also experimented a bit with these Bandai clear resin weapon effects. I was disappointed by a couple pieces, but then I chopped them down and one worked pretty well:

Who else is getting inappropriate urges towards that Ion Ripper? I know it's sure making me feel all tingly inside. In case you're wondering, the pilot is neither a Daemonette not a Zealot torso, but a Basicks Amazon torso with the scale armor filed away. She's going to be more elaborate as she evolves, I promise.

So that was my stopping point for the night, and I filled more gaps and put more details onto the Fire Warriors I'm painting. I was ready to go to bed, and then this happened:

Is there anything in life that isn't better with shoulder mounted railguns?

Lyi'ot
Por'O

Post#79 » Sep 18 2013 07:44

It's incredibly odd to see a Riptide look like a scale model of a Warhound titan! Only the female mounted on the top breaks up that profile. Personally, I find the rail cannons to be a bit much, but that might be the point.

Also, if anyone is interested, the Basicks Amazon Torsos that Boss Fearless mentioned can be found here.

modelglue
Kor'El

Post#80 » Sep 18 2013 07:54

bossfearless wrote:@Orange: You leave that filthy Canada-heresy outside, mister!

Careful now BFL... :P You don't want to go insulting Canadians no matter what you heard about our mild dispositions. :)

Back to your build, I really like it. I agree with Lyi'ot about having the model perched up top like that, but it's yours so you do what you think is cool. I like the rail guns, on top and I think it visually balances the model. It is the key to why I changed my mind about it.

I would like to add to "the mods" earlier request that everyone keep it clean, classy, and civil. I would hate to see all this interest you've generated end up in a locked thread. Please consider that it isn't just 18+ people perusing the site. We have a younger audience here and we also tend to cater to members who are looking for advanced discussions. Side tracking to discussions on evolution and less noble subjects is skirting unacceptable.

With that being said, please carry on.

modelglue

Return to “Project Logs”