[Project] Stuff from the Forge

General discussions about the hobby side to Tau & 40K.
Vay
Shas'Ui

Re: [Project] Exo-Tide RV1 and XV107 R'Varna

Post#11 » Nov 08 2013 07:57

The XV107 R'Varna box has arrived, two projects on the table. Pictures to follow.

All the parts are amazing and crisp. Zero first glance defects! I have never seen that... well ever. Strong details and what looks like a easy clean assembly.
Shas'O Kais Vay Shone’nan

Vay
Shas'Ui

Post#12 » Nov 09 2013 06:32

XV107 R'Varna going into paint mode. The model is amazing and really well thought out on how it is built.

Raven with Onager build.

Last edited by Vay on Jan 01 2014 12:15, edited 1 time in total.

E'nigma
Shas

Post#13 » Nov 10 2013 12:46

Vay wrote:XV107 R'Varna going into paint mode. The model is amazing and really well thought out on how it is built.

I can't wait for mine to come in, hopefully it isn't lost in customs. I'm going to give it about another week and a half before e-mailing them. How easy was it to put him together?

Vay
Shas'Ui

Post#14 » Nov 10 2013 01:43

He was very easy, all the best parts of building the first Riptide + the FW parts cover things perfectly. I had to water bend one rifle, but over all the FW parts had very little too no defects. One of the cleanest kits I have ever gotten from them. I also think it is amazing how much different and cool looking the torso modification are. They stayed very true to the build designs of the XV9 weapon systems with the 107. I think I am going to repaint my XV9s to be from the same forge and sept as the 107. I should have some basic paint photos after this weekend. The 9 month old Nid spawn of mine is putting the Gorgon on my Tau painting time.

Vay
Shas'Ui

Post#15 » Nov 14 2013 03:36

Thanks Zombies...

Post the city battles on Pandorax, Ke'lshan earth caste smart dudes have been making a bigger better Exo-Tide RV2.

Modification to the engines and weapon systems were made to handle the unforeseen need to suck zombies into the air intakes. They also say it is for high air debris planets, but ground troops only laughed at that statement. Alpha team is working closely with the earth caste design teams.

Also the terrain hazards of Pandorax have amplified the need for higher altitude aircraft. High loss reports from ground forces attempting to move below mid to high altitude have only increased. 32% D-fish loss to "land dragons" was deemed unacceptable.

Pictures to follow...

Vay
Shas'Ui

Post#16 » Nov 14 2013 07:47

Exo-Tide RV1 and RV2

A shift back to front mount burst cannon allowed the engineers to increase flight capability and maneuverability. It can also take 700% more human mass objects into the engine and maintain full capability.

Enhanced aviation and electronics also allow it to "fly" better then the first generation Exo-Tide.

---Image edits---
Last edited by Vay on Jan 01 2014 12:16, edited 1 time in total.

CoffeeGrunt
Shas'Ui

Post#17 » Nov 15 2013 06:40

I personally prefer the front-bulk look of the new one, are they separate design to differentiate different Counts-As?

Vay
Shas'Ui

Post#18 » Nov 15 2013 09:52

Both count as D-fish, it is their roles that changed. The RV1 is being used by my Farsight forces on Pandorax. After the heavy city fighting, my Ke'lshan allies noticed ways to improve the design to match their own needs. So they built the RV2. Now both factions have a fast moving D-fish to fly in and support the Orca drop off forces on the front line. (Mental image an Orca with 2 RV's flying in support) - Perfect!

There is something about campaigns and actual battles that makes me go adaption crazy. I think you would have to have seen how many zombies that poor RV1 had to run over to truly find the inspiration for the modifications. On the other side of the coin, I really loved the look of the RV1 on the battle field so it was only a matter of time before I built another one. I have 1 Command and 1 standard D-fish for my Tau forces. 1 RV1 for my Farsight and 1 RV2 now for my Ke'lshan.

Side hobby note, there is something amazing about making all of your Septs (I am working to that goal, about 15% through them). Reading their fluff and building them to support the greater good has been a blast. There is a lot more diversity then I thought once you dive in.

Also of note, the RV2 is air caste piloted were the RV1 is AI-Drone piloted.

These are experimental adaptations for combat in the Pandorax sector. This death world is very good at killing forces that move via ground transport.

Kobal
Shas

Post#19 » Nov 15 2013 12:00

A wonderful conversion, Vay, and lovely to see the concept refined and improved too. A light-drop ship is something Tau doctrine says we should have, but the model range doesn't quite deliver. I too prefer the RV2 aesthetics; it just seems more balanced. I can almost see those front engines rotating down in a similar way to the rear jets. An RV2 hovering on 4 daggers of blue flame as a group of pathfinders rappel into the upper floors of a ruined building. ^^

I do love the Barracuda-shot photo further up, really shows off that camo scheme well and in a fun way.

Vay
Shas'Ui

Post#20 » Nov 20 2013 01:48

Landing at site 1132RT.

RV2 zoom in

And Raven commander getting some initial colors.

Return to “Common Workbench”