KX-139 Ta'unar Supremacy Armour discussion

Use this area for all discussions of the "gaming" aspect of 40K/Tau.
User avatar
Lyi'ot
Por'O
Por'O
Posts: 2730

Re: KX-139 Ta'unar Supremacy Armour discussion

Post#19 » Sep 16 2015 03:17

Can you, uh, crop that photo?

User avatar
SinisterSamurai
Kor'La
Kor'La
Posts: 416

Re: KX-139 Ta'unar Supremacy Armour discussion

Post#20 » Sep 16 2015 03:53

Lyi'ot wrote:Can you, uh, crop that photo?

It's not mine, and I don't particularly feel like going to the trouble of hosting my own version, so I'll just pull the image tag, leave a link, and list the information shown.
Like many other models, you don't save money by buying the whole thing, it just streamlines the ordering process.
Supposedly, the links went up, but there were no images, and clicking those links took you to an error page. However, it's plausible that pieces, and possibly rules, will be up before the week is done.

Thanks. - Por'o Lyi'ot

User avatar
Gamgee
Shas
Posts: 88

Re: KX-139 Ta'unar Supremacy Armour discussion

Post#21 » Sep 18 2015 03:34

It's up for sale and the rules are up. http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/resources/P ... 99unar.pdf

Eh. I dunno. It was sold and built up as a Titan killer and I suppose it is an equal of some of the Knights, but not a proper Titan. I'm a little surprised it only has one strength D shot granted its a blast and that will work wonders on weaker things, but for things that need some concentrated D fire? I'm not sure.

Seems like a half step, but I will say I'm no IK/Titan rule master here so feel free to enlighten me.

This would murder a lot of traditional armies no doubt about it, but I already have you know an army for that.
Great Strength, Great Strike ~ Shas'o Or'es'ka

User avatar
Warhound
Shas
Posts: 858

Re: KX-139 Ta'unar Supremacy Armour discussion

Post#22 » Sep 18 2015 03:47

Bought mine!

Loving the fact that it is a Gargantuan Creature.... my play buddies are gonna be spitting!

some great utility to be brought with these rules.

cheers
Warhound
www.resinaddict.com .... go on, you know you need to!

User avatar
Emagdnim
Shas
Posts: 361

Re: KX-139 Ta'unar Supremacy Armour discussion

Post#23 » Sep 18 2015 04:38

You can have one of each arm too. The shield will be very handy.
" Blasphemy is a victimless crime"

User avatar
gmaleron
Shas
Posts: 214

Re: KX-139 Ta'unar Supremacy Armour discussion

Post#24 » Sep 18 2015 05:25

Is it just me but it looks like you can't buy the fusion arm yet?

User avatar
SinisterSamurai
Kor'La
Kor'La
Posts: 416

Re: KX-139 Ta'unar Supremacy Armour discussion

Post#25 » Sep 18 2015 05:46

gmaleron wrote:Is it just me but it looks like you can't buy the fusion arm yet?

Doesn't seem available yet, no. They are probably intentionally staggering the release of the weapon options. Worth noting the rules don't provide any clues regard alternate backpack weapons.

Edit: With everything they keep crediting to Earth Caste engineer Fio’o Ke’lshan Sho’aun, I wonder if he'll be a character or HQ in the new IA book.

User avatar
gmaleron
Shas
Posts: 214

Re: KX-139 Ta'unar Supremacy Armour discussion

Post#26 » Sep 18 2015 06:08

Good to know, either way I am thinking the ion arms are the way to go personally. Also I've noticed that it specifically says this is for Codex Tau Empire, meaning us Farsight Enclave players will have to bring an allied detachment to field it, that is if the Farsight Enclaves book is viable with the new codex

User avatar
Tearphoenix
Shas'La
Shas'La
Posts: 145

Re: KX-139 Ta'unar Supremacy Armour discussion

Post#27 » Sep 18 2015 06:59

I find it interesting that the rules are not listed as experimental. I wonder if that was intentional or an oversight?

User avatar
Morollan
Shas
Posts: 94

Re: KX-139 Ta'unar Supremacy Armour discussion

Post#28 » Sep 18 2015 07:01

Gamgee wrote:It's up for sale and the rules are up. http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/resources/P ... 99unar.pdf

Eh. I dunno. It was sold and built up as a Titan killer and I suppose it is an equal of some of the Knights, but not a proper Titan. I'm a little surprised it only has one strength D shot granted its a blast and that will work wonders on weaker things, but for things that need some concentrated D fire? I'm not sure.


Don't forget it also has the equivalent of 6 long-ranged lascannons that it can shoot in addition to the D weapon.

User avatar
Vector Strike
Shas'La
Shas'La
Posts: 955

Re: KX-139 Ta'unar Supremacy Armour discussion

Post#29 » Sep 18 2015 07:08

Underwhelming. Expected at least 3 Strength D Large Blasts and blast options for the arm weapons. The melta one is too short-ranged to work with, while the ion weapon can be done as well by 4 riptides (with longer range and ap2, albeit at 740p minimum).

The stat line and the shield are pretty good, though. Only Grav and D weapons will be a real problem for it, and firing from 120"...

gmaleron wrote:Good to know, either way I am thinking the ion arms are the way to go personally. Also I've noticed that it specifically says this is for Codex Tau Empire, meaning us Farsight Enclave players will have to bring an allied detachment to field it, that is if the Farsight Enclaves book is viable with the new codex


Tearphoenix wrote:I find it interesting that the rules are not listed as experimental. I wonder if that was intentional or an oversight?


Noticed those as well. No experimental would mean the IA14 is pretty close... or an oversight. The rules are too crude for a model of such weight as well. I'd guess they forgot the stamp.

And the option for codex... Yeah, that could be a signal the codex won't change its name.

Krewl
Shas
Posts: 14

Re: KX-139 Ta'unar Supremacy Armour discussion

Post#30 » Sep 18 2015 07:22

Well, that's my 3rd post here. I just love the model, I'm getting this for my birthday. (Sadly that's half a year away..)
I have not seen any rules for that 5 barrel gun, posted earlier in this thread. The Fusion gun has 5 shots, but the pictured one does not look like Tau Fusion to me.

One thing that (in game play) will be of tremendous support is the ability to use markerlights (Obvious caveat as always the soon to be released codex and any rulechanges in that.

I noticed from the kits and pictures online that the top gun and gun arms are sold separately, I'm going to assume that's where you magnetise the model and we wait for FW to produce new/different gun options for the future.

All in all I'm very exited. I love this one (And the soon to be heavy riptide).

User avatar
SinisterSamurai
Kor'La
Kor'La
Posts: 416

Re: KX-139 Ta'unar Supremacy Armour discussion

Post#31 » Sep 18 2015 07:34

Vector Strike wrote:
gmaleron wrote:Good to know, either way I am thinking the ion arms are the way to go personally. Also I've noticed that it specifically says this is for Codex Tau Empire, meaning us Farsight Enclave players will have to bring an allied detachment to field it, that is if the Farsight Enclaves book is viable with the new codex


Tearphoenix wrote:I find it interesting that the rules are not listed as experimental. I wonder if that was intentional or an oversight?


Noticed those as well. No experimental would mean the IA14 is pretty close... or an oversight. The rules are too crude for a model of such weight as well. I'd guess they forgot the stamp.

And the option for codex... Yeah, that could be a signal the codex won't change its name.

It could also mean that an IA might not too far off, and the online rules might be taken down by then. I also note that it doesn't list FNP or stomp in the parenthetical for Gargantuan Creature, despite both of those being listed in the 7th ed rulebook for GC.

User avatar
Emagdnim
Shas
Posts: 361

Re: KX-139 Ta'unar Supremacy Armour discussion

Post#32 » Sep 18 2015 08:01

Emailed FW about the fnp/ stomp
" Blasphemy is a victimless crime"

User avatar
KuroRyu
Shas'La
Shas'La
Posts: 284
Contact:

Re: KX-139 Ta'unar Supremacy Armour discussion

Post#33 » Sep 18 2015 08:01

Also I've noticed that it specifically says this is for Codex Tau Empire, meaning us Farsight Enclave players will have to bring an allied detachment to field it, that is if the Farsight Enclaves book is viable with the new codex


Farsight enclaves take options from Codex Tau Empire, after all FSE is a supplement, not a codex in its own right. I would imagine that if they release a differently named tau codex they'll errata the FSE book to say 'replace all instances of Tau Empire codex with [insert new codex name here]'
Last edited by KuroRyu on Sep 18 2015 08:04, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Das'Kyman
Shas'Vre
Shas'Vre
Posts: 1161

Re: KX-139 Ta'unar Supremacy Armour discussion

Post#34 » Sep 18 2015 08:02

Forgeworld has given the impression in emails that the 'experimental' stamp doesn't really apply anymore. After all, it is something of an outdated concept from when Forgeworld wasn't normally allowed in regular 40k. The Knight variants didn't get 'experimental' stamps when their rules hit either.

It doesn't seem like the 'Titan Killer' that we were expecting. It only has access to one D weapon, which is an amazing weapon but isn't going to be killing very many Imperial Knights right away. The barrage mode actually reminds me of the old R'varna. Looks like it will absolutely punish anything that groups together, no matter what it is.

I find it quite interesting that the WS is 3 and that the BS is 4. It makes those high volume arm-mounted weapons much more attractive. The shield is also hilarious (again, similar to the old R'varna) and I can already hear the rage. Halving the lucky 6 from a D weapon makes this model much more viable in non-apocalypse games.
The overwatch defense is fantastic as well. 16 twin-linked BS2 pulse shots is nothing to sneeze at.

And for 600 points, it is quite reasonable. The Tesseract Vault is only a little less in points. A wraithknight is half the points, but everyone thinks the WK is a bit on the cheap side. Plus even two WK would have trouble killing the KX-139 while the KX-139 can kill a WK per turn, easy. You could buy 3 Riptides instead of this bad boy, but I think it actually doesn't sound like that bad of a tradeoff to me, considering the firepower this thing has.

User avatar
jay170788
Shas
Posts: 79

Re: KX-139 Ta'unar Supremacy Armour discussion

Post#35 » Sep 18 2015 08:09

One thing that seems a little off is that the vigilance defence system says it has two twin-linked burst cannons and two smart missile systems. The smart missile systems aren't stated as twin-linked but on the model they clearly look twin-linked, am hoping this is just an oversight.

Jay
Veritas Vos Liberabit

User avatar
Vector Strike
Shas'La
Shas'La
Posts: 955

Re: KX-139 Ta'unar Supremacy Armour discussion

Post#36 » Sep 18 2015 08:12

Krewl wrote:Well, that's my 3rd post here. I just love the model, I'm getting this for my birthday. (Sadly that's half a year away..)
I have not seen any rules for that 5 barrel gun, posted earlier in this thread. The Fusion gun has 5 shots, but the pictured one does not look like Tau Fusion to me.


They look more like XV9's fusion weapons. There are no other arm configurations, so the 5-barrel gun is the melta one (not very good in my view - 10 meltas can be easily arranged in 5 crisis suits...)

Return to “General Discussion”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Jhul'vol, Plainshow and 4 guests