Models are now ready to be test-printed. Expect a 40-70% cost saving (depends of the models).
Missile supports and cockpit cover are also thinned now, price is decreased too, but not by much compared to the arms (around 40% saving instead of around 60%), due to the $5 flat handling price.
I will order prototypes before putting them on open sale to see if the thinness is not an issue.
See a temporary 3D sample here to see the limits were I pushed: https://www.shapeways.com/model/3dtools/4994955/24/61?key=f4ae5b9468b14dba74c7501b77db4426
Model volume was reduced from 16 cm3 to around 6 cm3
If you want to print prototypes too, tell me by PM which elements you want so I can give you a link to order them:
(for images of the different model versions, check the OP)
- Cockpit cover+hatches
- L+R Missile Supports
- L+R Shoulders (Version A or B, smooth or hard)
- L+R Elbows
- L+R Gauntlets (Version A or B, smooth or hard, or version C for missiles)
- L+R Hands (for Gauntlets A or B, closed and/or poseable)
L+R Main Weapon Under Gauntlet Support will be given with gauntlet A or B, it is a small piece to glue under the gauntlets to mount the main cannon, using the upper targetting bits holder.
Side note: Overall shapes are the same, but I made two minor changes:
- Gauntlets A and B are 1mm slimmer because they were a little to bulky compared to the shoulders
- Shoulder are 1mm more spaced from the torso and will feature a more visible ball-joint.