Falsegod's Cadre Building Log

Post long term projects you have devised for your Tau or other hobby projects.
Panzer
Shas'Saal

Re: Falsegod's Cadre Building Log

Post#19 » Aug 05 2016 08:06

Welp...how to make an already overpriced unit completely useless. :D

Bloodknife92
Shas'La
Shas'La

Post#20 » Aug 05 2016 05:11

Great work with your Crisis suit! It looks awesome :) I love that you added paint to the jet exhausts too. I did the same with mine, but I don't think I've taken any shots of it yet.
The days of goodly English is went
Ziss old dog still has a few tricks!

Falsegods
Shas'Saal

Post#21 » Aug 09 2016 07:31

Update:

Here is my painted collection so far. These guys, minus the drones, crisis suit and Ethereal, will be my kill team in a local campaign this fall.

I have been busy assembling and magnetizing: two XV8s, three XV25s, one XV88 with both HYMP and Railgun options, and six more fire warriors with their DS8, again with both options. Today conditions in the swamp that is coastal Texas were good enough to get them primed:

And I found time to play around and finish a XV25. I really like the stealth transition effect, and I am pretty happy with my execution of it. I will probably do all of them some variation of this.

Falsegods
Shas'Saal

Post#22 » Aug 13 2016 09:24

Finished the XV25 team, with weapon options.

materpillar
Shas'La
Shas'La

Post#23 » Aug 14 2016 10:42

Those stealth teams look sweet. How'd you do the transition effect on them?
----- Akul Contingent -----
Engagement Results 54-18-8

Falsegods
Shas'Saal

Post#24 » Aug 14 2016 07:48

materpillar wrote:Those stealth teams look sweet. How'd you do the transition effect on them?

Band of blue (Army Painter Ultramarine Blue), smaller band of light/ice blue (P3 Arcane Blue), thin stripe of white (Vallejo something). It was really simple but I liked the effect. I painted the camo and armor first and did it as the last step.

Falsegods
Shas'Saal

Post#25 » Aug 21 2016 09:38

So I know this isn't the place for battle reports, and I will probably make a thread in that forum once I actually start playing games. But yesterday I played my first two 500 point games yesterday, my first 40k games in seven or eight years. Taking basically what I had painted/assembled, and working to relearn the rules. Like a dumby I forgot to take any pictures, but I emerged 2 and 0. First game I played against Grey Knights and got pretty lucky when my broadside cleared up a whole five man Grey Knight squad in one round of shooting. In the second game a similar thing happened when my Fire Warriors inflicted two wounds on a my opponent's broadside who promptly failed his saves effectively ending the game.

The main reason I am posting this is that list I took is a pretty good update on my progress of various assembled projects:

Ethereal (Finished)

Five Strike Fire Warriors (Finished)

Five Strike Fire Warriors (Three finished, two assembled and base coated)

Three Crisis Suits (One finished, two primed)

Three Stealth Suits (Finished)

Four Pathfinders (Finished)

Broadside (Primed)

Falsegods
Shas'Saal

Post#26 » Aug 25 2016 10:56

Update:

Finished painting the assembled broadside. It is fully magnetized for all sub-systems and weapon options, but I haven't painted the rail-rifle arms as I want to spend my time working on the rest of my crisis suits, so I can get a fully painted force ready to table as soon as possible.

Heldericht
Shas'Saal

Post#27 » Aug 26 2016 01:28

Looks sweet! The basing is wonderful, all the colors work really well together.

Falsegods
Shas'Saal

Post#28 » Sep 05 2016 05:09

Update:

Assembled my commander and exhausted my supply of bases for my fire warriors. (Also immediately after this photo was taken I exhausted my supplier of primer :() Not shown is my progress on my drones, which includes six fully magnetized ones. Good progress is also being made on magnetizing all the weapon options. Progress is slow but steady, par for the course with me. One XV8 suit and four more fire warriors are currently on the painting table and will hopefully be done by the end of the week or next.

Falsegods
Shas'Saal

Post#29 » Sep 14 2016 06:47

Update:
Assembling ahead of my painting a little more than I would like, to try and have everything ready for a tournament in October. Riptide was a blast to assemble and is fully magnetized like everything else. Waiting on some more bases to finish off a handful of Fire Warriors, but other than that I am almost ready for some full up practice games.

Falsegods
Shas'Saal

Post#30 » Sep 25 2016 08:40

Update:

So I played my first full sized game (1250 points) on Saturday, against my friend's Dark Angels. I took this list, while my opponent took two squads of scouts, two bike units, a special bike unit, and terminator knights blob; each of the last two with a Librarian attached. It turned into a close game, which I lost seven to eight. The turning point when my opponent managed an eleven inch charge into my Commander with his terminators. I hung in afterwards and made the game closer than I thought possible. Many casualties were had by all, with each side having less than ten models on the table at the end. It was a fun game in which I learn a lot. I have included some pictures below, in the future I plan on setting up a full Battle Report thread to document the games with my army.

I was able to dominate this portion of the battlefield with my Broadsides and FireWarriors (and my Crisis suits when they came in late). Scoring six points worth of objectives (Crisis suits also managed Line Breaker), in addition to killing both scout squads, one normal bike squad, and the special bikers (knights?) with their attached Librarian.

The plan had been to use my superior firepower to force my opponent to split his force and destroy him piecemeal. Unfortunately the late arrive of my crisis team put these guys in a sticky position.

The terminators made an 11 inch charge over the hill (positions are fudged to protect model stability). I had elected not to over-watch the terminators, expecting them to fail, so that the commander could have supported the Riptide in over-watching the bikers, who definitely had the charge. It was not to be. The Commander was killed outright and the Riptide was sweeping advanced into ruin.

Falsegods
Shas'Saal

Post#31 » Oct 14 2016 11:24

Update:

Final batch of finished models before the Tournament this weekend. About half of my army will be fully painted; less than I would have liked but more than I might have done. I lack a place to display it to photograph it (re: safe from rampaging cat) before the Tournament, but I will take pictures there and I will record my games as best I can.

Converted Fireblade, just Fire Warrior bitz and greenstuff:

Finished Crisis Team, setup how they will be run this weekend:

Tael
Fio'O
Fio'O

Post#32 » Oct 15 2016 04:37

Solid work on your collection; admiring the basing style too, providing that fighting across a heavy vegetation world aka jungle or forests :)

Falsegods
Shas'Saal

Post#33 » Nov 09 2016 06:29

Update:

Just a general update, I have been sick and working more, so hobby projects have slowed down.

Current collection.

Working on an Hammerhead/Skyray hull.

Trying to do a dynamic base. Looking into stability options.

Recent purchases.

Falsegods
Shas'Saal

Post#34 » Dec 15 2016 07:43

Update: Holidays are slowing things down, but I managed to finished my Commander.

Agentarrow
Fio'Vre
Fio'Vre

Post#35 » Dec 15 2016 11:10

Any progress is welcomed progress. I'm looking forward to that dynamically based Hammerhead getting some paint love.

Falsegods
Shas'Saal

Post#36 » Dec 16 2016 07:42

Agentarrow wrote:Any progress is welcomed progress. I'm looking forward to that dynamically based Hammerhead getting some paint love.

I need to set up a more stable base for it it before I get to painting. It wobbles on the little flying base that came with it in a way that makes me very uncomfortable...

Return to “Project Logs”