Welcome to ATT 2016

A collection of the best Community hobby posts. Promoted content only.
Tael
Fio'O
Fio'O

Welcome to ATT 2016

Post#1 » Nov 09 2016 02:38

Hi All,

Welcome to ATT and the latest forum software.

I have put together a very brief introduction and tool guide on Youtube here:

New Tools

The main tool is the Quick Link feature, occasionally you'll browse the Board Index if you're new, eventually your subscriptions and New Post links will be how you interact going ahead (that and Notifications).

We are now Social Media friendly!

Upper right of every post, click the arrow in box icon and you will have Facebook, Twitter, Reddit, Tumblr and Google+ to place the post into your feeds.

Images Resize Automatically

No more Mods prodding you for forum sized images, simply add, let the software resize and even link to your original file as a linked larger image.

Space Gremlins

Anything odd or quirky PM myself, Tael, and I'll space any issues. There's bound to be the odd link or image not appearing properly despite combing through the forum before release.

Key things to note;

Classic Three Column format is not supported by new phpBB, so we have the more modern vertical style. We had hoped to carry it forward, but the code is not supported and the examples available were very.. very sub-par.

Ranks have had a change of settings in the new forum software. So I will be addressing new ranks and assigning them to appear under your avatar appropriately. (Shas'la instead of Shas etc)

After some deliberation we have chosen to adopt an inverted colour way, this should be less straining on a majority of users eyes with better contrast and clarity. I will endeavour to make a "Classic" edition style in future if desired.

Big thank you to Pshar'Rifles, our skilled Kor'O commanding the technical upgrade and supporting new artwork and icons being modded into the forum.

Thank you for your patience everyone, I hope you enjoy the more media savvy format.

best,
Fio'O Tael.

Panzer
Shas'La
Shas'La

Re: Welcome to ATT 2016

Post#2 » Nov 09 2016 03:08

Not yet used to it but I think I like it. :)
Good work everyone.

Edit: a small issue i noticed. The button to return to the main page doesn't go over the whole banner range on top of the forum (ends about the point where the "Tau Tactica" part begins).

Kakapo42
Shas'Vre
Shas'Vre

Post#3 » Nov 09 2016 03:19

I'm... not sure how I feel about this. On the one hand I really like the new boarder around the central column, I feel like it has a really nice old-school 3rd edition Tau retro feel to it (and as someone who considers the late 3rd edition period to be the pinnacle of GW, that is a very good thing), but on the other hand there's one small detail in the upper left corner of the background wallpaper that has thrown all my carefully laid plans into jeopardy. :(

Now to go around and get properly acquainted with the station's new internal layout and start planning how to defend it from the inevitable horde of villainy that'll arising from the changeover come April...
A Shas and a Kor walk into a bar...
Naked Metal

Shas'O Darklighter
Shas'Ui
Shas'Ui

Post#4 » Nov 09 2016 05:20

It's good to be back, though I'm scared I might brake something! I feel this might take longer to get used to than a new edition of 40k!

Valaas
Shas'Saal

Post#5 » Nov 09 2016 06:00

New look is great, time to have an explore.

Great job :biggrin:

Tael
Fio'O
Fio'O

Post#6 » Nov 09 2016 06:48

Hi All,

Thanks for your feedback, check out the various features, any issues scoot me a PM :)

I'm going to fill out a couple of the new profile sections and boost everyones ranks to their appropriate setting.

If you want to change your rank title from Shas>Fio>Kor>Por etc scoot me a PM.

- Tael

Kael'yn
Fio'Ui
Fio'Ui

Post#7 » Nov 09 2016 06:57

First look: nice and modern.
Still have some issues (outside of fresh paint odour):
Coloured boxes instead of small icons (icecat on Android 5.0)
Thread order seems strange, but maybe it is just because I didn't found the sort settings
Back background with thin white letters need me to increase screen backlight, reducing the battery charge more quickly. Deep desaturated blue and light blue could have been contrasted enough without using both sides of the luma slider (and we are not a black templar forum).
More text colour option is nice.

Still looking to get my marks on our new orbital, but the change is welcome and well done.

EDIT:
Now looking from my computer (Win7 with Firefox), the "boxes" seems to be character codes that are not interpreted ("Quick links" small icon before is UTF16 character code "F0C9", ...).
Internet Explorer uses the correct characters ... I think replacing these unicode letters by small icons will be better for interoperability (old browsers, ...)
Blueish background with Hex pattern is better on my computer browser. I don't know why it doesn't appear on my phone.
Last edited by Kael'yn on Nov 09 2016 08:24, edited 2 times in total.

Tael
Fio'O
Fio'O

Post#8 » Nov 09 2016 08:16

Thanks for the feedback Kael'yn; good point on the luma - already been tweaking it further. ;)

Deet
Shas'La
Shas'La

Post#9 » Nov 09 2016 01:46

Wow, sexy. Nice work guys.

SniperTau
Shas'La
Shas'La

Post#10 » Nov 09 2016 03:56

Wow. this looks amazing. This is quite the change as I was just getting used to the old on. looks amazing though

hazmatt
Kor'Ui
Kor'Ui

Post#11 » Nov 09 2016 03:58

Looks great. Thank you for all of your work getting this done. :biggrin:

CmdrCASh
Shas'Ui
Shas'Ui

Post#12 » Nov 10 2016 07:49

Still stumbling my way through the corridors, but so far things are looking decent.

It's feeling a little odd for now, though I suspect it's because I've been navigating the old site a certain way and I have to change my habits...
Ka'ash Sept

Tael
Fio'O
Fio'O

Post#13 » Nov 10 2016 07:55

Hi CmdrCASH,

Thanks man, yeah it is different going a vertical format. I truly tried to bring over our three column GUI but the new phpBB and even the mods to do so were very limited. Other options required a significant bit of coin.

I am banking on code folks designing a new GUI mod I can capitalise on in future as the latest phpBB version builds popuarity amongst mod makers. Pshar'Rifles did a superb job rigging several mods to create that Classic ATT look ...ten years ago.. whoa haha.

Tael
Fio'O
Fio'O

Post#14 » Nov 10 2016 09:16

Hi All,

In an effort to find a middle ground between those who like light on dark and the inverse, I've reset our background in homage to Classic ATT, in colour.

Quick post poll - do you guys like the lighter backdrop?

Thanks for your conitnued input, PMs and feedback. It's all about kitting out our new orbital as a community. :)

- Tael.

Kakapo42
Shas'Vre
Shas'Vre

Post#15 » Nov 10 2016 11:44

I like the left side of the backdrop, but I think the glare on the right side is a touch too strong - I'm finding it a bit hard on my retinas whenever I look near it.

On another note, when I went to have a read through the great epic that is Embrace Change I noticed that some of the spoiler tags don't seem to be working properly. The little spoiler button reads 'Prime Bbcodespoiler' or something along those lines, and does not reveal the spoilered text if clicked upon.

Spoiler!
Spoiler tag now fixed.
A Shas and a Kor walk into a bar...
Naked Metal

SniperTau
Shas'La
Shas'La

Post#16 » Nov 11 2016 03:37

I do quite like the lighter background, it feels a little more balanced compared to the darker one before

CmdrCASh
Shas'Ui
Shas'Ui

Post#17 » Nov 11 2016 05:15

Wow! I like the backdrop! :smile:
Gives off a modern "I'm on an orbital" vibe, at least on the top of the screen.
Personally I wouldn't mind more lighted backgrounds even after scrolling down to the bottom. Maybe the lower part of the planet with lighted cities and ships... :P
Ka'ash Sept

Panzer
Shas'La
Shas'La

Post#18 » Nov 11 2016 06:50

CmdrCASh wrote:Wow! I like the backdrop! :smile:
Gives off a modern "I'm on an orbital" vibe, at least on the top of the screen.
Personally I wouldn't mind more lighted backgrounds even after scrolling down to the bottom. Maybe the lower part of the planet with lighted cities and ships... :P

Having some highly populated cities seen as light dots from space when scrolling down would be really neat and break up the wall of black.

Return to “Resource Articles”