Shas'kamont'yr

Tell us about yourself, and find out more about our other members.
Shas'kamont'yr
Shas'La
Shas'La

Shas'kamont'yr

Post#1 » Dec 28 2016 08:20

Real first name: Philip

Age and gender: 27 M

How did you get into wargaming?
Started playing WHF in high school after a childhood of playing other scifi and fantasy based tabletops.

How did you get into Tau?
Honestly, I always liked the style and lines of the models. When I read more about them the more I became convinced they were the army I wanted to build and play.

What would be your second piece of advice (after "read the freakin' rules") to a new Tau player?
Hmmm…What can I say that hasn’t been said yet? Still really new to playing them on the table myself. Honestly I would say make sure you remember what you have on the table. Often I forget that I have seeker missiles somewhere, or that I could have out maneuvered that ugly knight and blasted it from behind.

What is your Tau colour scheme?
Honestly still being decided. I am convinced that the Dice hate my army at the moment because of all the sprue grey
How did you find this site/the old site, and how long have you been a member?
Google searches. Many times trying to figure something out I would stumble into the forum. Only been here for a few hours now, but I decided since I often find myself here, then I might as well join so I can learn more effectively

What are the origins of your ATT username?
Honestly, it’s the name of the Shas’O that commands my army. A highly improbable character made for a series narrative campaigns we’re running for fun.

Have you reviewed the ATT Membership & Forum Rules?
Yes.

Where and how often do you usually play?
Well I am just getting back into it, but should be weekly at the local hobby shop.

Do you have any other armies, for 40K or another system?
Just whats left of WHF Dark Elves, went overseas for a few months and came home to discover AOS, and basically lost interest in WHF.

What is your favourite and least favourite army to play against?
Hmmm…Don’t really have one yet, still only have a few games under my belt with the Tau and I am learning the ins and outs of the army.

What is your best and worst 40K moment?
Worst had to be when my friend, who plays Dark Angels thought I was a better player than I was. He brought a knight, tabled me in two turns. Bad day. My best was playing against a Dark Eldar player who fought to a stalemate which was my second game.

What does/do your family/significant other/friends think about your 'funny toys'?
Honestly, my only family are some grown siblings and my father, all of whom are nerds too. So yeah.

What are some of you other interests?
Well, I hunt, and fish. I am a member of the SCA. Gaming. That’s pretty much it

Do you have any pets?
A dog.

What is your favourite band?
Breaking Benjamin

Demorte
Gue'La
Gue'La

Re: Shas'kamont'yr

Post#2 » Dec 28 2016 11:28

Welcome to ATT glad to have you with us! :) Look forward to seeing ur work