Gathering Storm 2: Fracture of Biel-Tan

Discuss Tau background and even your own Cadre fiction here.
Calmsword
Shas'Ui

Gathering Storm 2: Fracture of Biel-Tan

Post#1 » Jan 23 2017 03:56

Since there doesn't seem to be a formal response to these developing events in 40k on the Orbital, I'm going to continue posting things in the Library regarding the Gathering Storm series. As always, I'm sticking close to fluff concerns as rules are... FAQ'able and therefore not something I lose sleep over.

Personally, I don't mind speculation, and the major forums/blogs online are having great discussions: War of Sigmar, Naftka, BoLS (despite commercialization) ect. But since wishlisting, ect, can bog us down I'd just say try to stay on topic.

To start with here are the new Eldar Triumvirate, and the apparent birth of the Eldar God of the Dead. What this means for Tau is probably a much much more active Eldar enemy, or, they might disappear and ignore us.

Visarch - the Sword of Ynnead

Yvraine - Emissary of Ynnead

The Yncarne - Avatar of Ynnead

I'm confused about why Ynnead needs avatars, the whole avatar thing was as a result of the splitting of Khain, maybe this is going in the other direction? Perhaps important Eldar are embodying the rebirth of a god and are coming together?
~Good Hunting

Val'Sitsor
Shas'Saal

Re: Gathering Storm 2: Fracture of Biel-Tan

Post#2 » Jan 23 2017 04:09

Calmsword wrote:I'm confused about why Ynnead needs avatars, the whole avatar thing was as a result of the splitting of Khain, maybe this is going in the other direction? Perhaps important Eldar are embodying the rebirth of a god and are coming together?

Because in Death Masque mind of newborn god was shattered when Deathwatch broke the ritual of his creation. Ynnead is incomplete and probably insane. Think "Galean" from Disciples 2.

Calmsword
Shas'Ui

Post#3 » Jan 23 2017 04:30

I didnt realize that, is there any indication that the event had a permanent effect? The avatars of khain cannot be rejoined for example.
~Good Hunting

Val'Sitsor
Shas'Saal

Post#4 » Jan 23 2017 04:56

Calmsword wrote:I didnt realize that, is there any indication that the event had a permanent effect? The avatars of khain cannot be rejoined for example.

Things are quite delicate... very little is known. Originally Ynnead should be born when EVERY SINGLE Eldar dies. There where cabals from gomuncles, seers and harlequins who tried to fastened this but they weren't successful enough. Then Eldrad come with the plan to give a birth to Ynnead in the cost of just a 90% of eldar through sacrifice of cristal seers and craftworlds infinite circles. But Artemis broke the ritual. It is important to consider that "something" watched ritual from the warp. Initially everyone thought that it was Emperor or Cegorah, but right now seems quite likely that this was Slaanesh (just look at this androgen figure and horns!) and it's possible that everything was screw up even horribly. Buuuuut it could be the famous Cegorah last joke...
But one is clear - something definitely wrong with avatar of Ynnead. And majority of eldar are alive. So it is safe to assume that Ynnead is incomplete and perhaps shattered like Khain. It is possible that avatar try to consume infinite circles of other craftworlds to became whole.

Panzer
Shas'La

Post#5 » Jan 23 2017 05:10

The most interesting part about it for me is that the Avatar looks so similar to Fulgrim/Slaanesh. I doubt GW chose those colors etc. by accident so i'm looking forward to where this will lead us.

Newhwon
Shas

Post#6 » Jan 23 2017 06:24

Panzer wrote:The most interesting part about it for me is that the Avatar looks so similar to Fulgrim/Slaanesh. I doubt GW chose those colors etc. by accident so i'm looking forward to where this will lead us.

It's not just similar, its entire theme is what we would typically attribute to a Slaanesh Demon (i.e. single horn, single breast, colouration). That said, Slaanesh was formed from Eldar souls, so an Eldar "god of death made from Eldar Souls" would logically have a similar appearance. If it is actually a great prank/infiltration from Slaanesh is another matter.

The "Yvraine - Emissary of Ynnead" is most likely Lady Malice. The bladed fan and fancy sword are typical for her descriptions in the Dark Elder and Harlequin Codex. Assuming the "Visarch - the Sword of Ynnead" is a Craftworld Eldar, Odds on Prince Yriel or some unknown Biel-Tan elder, That follows the Theme of Triumvirate joining together factions.

I'd expect to see Eldar of all colours within a single army list, with some fancy new Relics. In short, Trouble.

Newhwon
Shas

Post#7 » Jan 23 2017 06:28

Calmsword wrote: ...
The Yncarne - Avatar of Ynnead

Also, loving the detail of the soul stones within the energy/soul/whatever vortex around this thing.

Calmsword
Shas'Ui

Post#8 » Jan 23 2017 06:36

After reading Death Masque online, it occurs to me we really need a timeline. I might work on one, but yes, looks like Eldrad has been duping two craftworlds with the assistance of several Harlequin troupes to prematurely raise Ynnead.

Since the Fall of Cadia happens chronologically after this but has Eldrad showing up with the three, I'd suspect there's a new faction of Eldar coming out of all this that AoS's the Eldar faction- however, with the info from Death Masque it sounds like it might be more like an Eldar civil war much like in the book Archon.

We still don't know about Cegeroach though.

As much as people seem to be calling for it, I don't think GW'ed double up on characters in the Malys argument, but who knows.
~Good Hunting

Panzer
Shas'La

Post#9 » Jan 23 2017 06:48

I read on BolterAndChainsword that GW said on the 40k facebook page in a comment that it is not Malys. Guess we'll have to wait and read for ourselves once it's there.

Newhwon
Shas

Post#10 » Jan 23 2017 06:58

Panzer wrote:I read on BolterAndChainsword that GW said on the 40k facebook page in a comment that it is not Malys. Guess we'll have to wait and read for ourselves once it's there.

We'll see, even if its not Malice, I suspect it is a Dark Eldar. Stylistically it looks apt, although that does look like souls stones etc on the torso and bustle. Could just be fancy gems.

Return to “Library”