From what I can gather the Shi'Oni class transports should be a stealth form of Il'Emaar (Courier) Class Merchant Transport. So yes, I plan on building and adding both versions to the fleet.
Reasons for this:
- The class size of ship and placement in the list implies it is bigger then squadron launch craft and smaller than escort. That leaves our Il'Emaar class ship.
- It is a stealth role "transport". The Il'Emaar class would fit this need, while also having star ship function.
- Tau have one transport, the Il'Emaar. Like other vessels, this base would be modified and gain a new name. The tau modify frames and add variants. They only made more ships after the first Gulf war showed a fleet wide weakness.
--- I would guess half storage capacity and all stealth tech. Like modified stealth Dfish.
- The fleet task force was all FW era ships. the Il'Emaar transport is also FW class.
- The is the micro next gen design for cargo transport from the GW merchant class cruiser.
--- I would guess the goal of these craft was to move Commanders and Tier 1 cargo across solar systems and sectors during the campaign.
Of other note, I found other records that did not list this craft in its role call. I find the ship of interest and will continue looking for more data.
Remote scanning images off Taros Sector.