Petition for Tau Orca

Use this area for all discussions of the "gaming" aspect of 40K/Tau.
Sparafucile
Shas

Petition for Tau Orca

Post#1 » Apr 20 2017 10:16

Good morning everyone!
I made a petition to hopefully show GW and FW there is enough interest to re-release the Orca model. With the new transport rules hinted at for 8th Edition, it may be a very effective unit. It never hurts to ask, and you never know, it might work!
Thanks!

https://www.change.org/p/forge-world-co ... on=minibar

Tearphoenix
Shas'La

Re: Petition for Tau Orca

Post#2 » Apr 21 2017 11:35

Well, it may be in vain, but I have signed. Would love to see this guy either rereleased or completely redone like the Barracuda.

Here's to hoping!

Panzer
Shas'La

Post#3 » Apr 21 2017 11:56

Not even 50 people signed so far. No company will make any decision based on such a weak petition. ^^

Shas'O Darklighter
Shas'Ui

Post#4 » Apr 21 2017 12:15

Lol Panzer it's got to start somewhere. I'm also number 50....

Jefffar
Shas'Vre

Post#5 » Apr 21 2017 12:32

Panzer
Shas'La

Post#6 » Apr 21 2017 01:49

Shas'O Darklighter wrote:Lol Panzer it's got to start somewhere. I'm also number 50....

Of course it has to, but it should rack up votes quicker if it wants to have any realistic chance of getting attention. Nobody cares about a petition that gets 500 people to sign over 10 years. :D

El'mo
Shas'El

Post#7 » Apr 21 2017 02:55

Although I would love to see this model re-released and you have my support I don't think that FW will do anything unless there is significant interest.

Where else are you planning to drum up support?
There are a couple of Tau sites on facebook which are worth involving.

ARC'Thunder
Shas'Vre

Post#8 » Apr 21 2017 03:44

Part of me is still hoping that a new Orca will be re-released alongside a (the?) new tigershark model for the upcoming IA book.

Redesigning it with the precision of CAD and possibly offering a modular mid-section to allow for the epic Scorpionfish as an alternate build. It'd be nice if the interior were redesigned with updated battlesuit models in mind because, while I'd probably never own a Manta, I'd buy one to give my 88s a transport for not only the tabletop but for the completion of my cadre from a narrative/collector's perspective.

Count me in!

El'mo wrote:Where else are you planning to drum up support?
There are a couple of Tau sites on facebook which are worth involving.
I also agree with El'mo. This needs more exposure as soon as possible. I'm not personally a member of any Tau groups on fb or other forums, but it would be worth sharing for those that are.

Mon'von
Shas'La

Post#9 » Apr 21 2017 04:27

I've signed making 54, I believe. I'll also post this to my tumblr page with lots and lots of tags if you have no issue with that.
"Wyrd bið ful aræd" Fate remains inexorable

AnonAmbientLight
Shas'La

Post#10 » Apr 21 2017 06:54

Not to pee on your parade, but they likely have the data to back up why they pulled the Orca. It has been for sale for a long while, since 2012 at the very least (that's when I got into the game and saw it for sale).

What they probably did was look at how many people were buying them vs making and storing them and decided to discontinue the model.

If the 40 or so petitioners wanted the Orca, they would have bought it within the last couple of years it was available. Ebay will probably have them if you really want them.
Sky IS Falling, T'au WILL Suck, Sell Me Your Models

Panzer
Shas'La

Post#11 » Apr 22 2017 04:51

Not gonna lie, I'd buy it.....if it were in plastic and if we had rules that actually make flying transports worthwhile. As long as it's in resin with the current rules there are a ton of other things I'd rather buy...including whole new armies.
And yes I'm one of those who didn't sign the petition. Not a fan of Forgeworld resin for bigger models at all.

Gragagrogog
Shas'La

Post#12 » Apr 22 2017 06:08

You might have better luck drawing a 3D model instead. Due to the boxy design, it should be easy to draw and it can be printed in 0.1mm layer FDM printer and still look good after some thicker paint job and a bit of sanding. The way they did it with resin makes me wanna pull my hair out... No regard for thin wall, making it heavy AF just so it's easier to make molds for it.

Otherwise, I don't like FW rules being split into several books and being outdated an edition or two, an updated pdf on the website is preferable.

El'mo
Shas'El

Post#13 » Apr 22 2017 11:20

I have tried to spread the petition around a few facebook sites where I am involved and hopefully we will get some more interest.

Fellow members of the Tau Empire, a challenge lies before us and we humbly request your assistance.

It has been too long since the skies where graced by the roar of our mighty Orca shuttle carrying our warriors in defence of The Greater Good.

Too long have evil merchants tried to extort a high price for ancient and damaged Orca in the E'bay system.

The time is right to try to correct this wrong. Hasten, all loyal Caste members, to the following spacial coordinates and let the voice of the Fire Caste be heard.

Tau'va

https://www.change.org/p/forge-world-co ... on=minibar

AnonAmbientLight wrote:What they probably did was look at how many people were buying them vs making and storing them and decided to discontinue the model.

If the 40 or so petitioners wanted the Orca, they would have bought it within the last couple of years it was available. Ebay will probably have them if you really want them.

Peoples opinions and personal circumstances change. I would not have contemplated buying one when they where available but now, with having more interest in the fluff and a little more disposable income it would have become a welcome centrepiece to my collection. It was officially discontinued in 2014

A little internet searching shows one which went for $375 in 2015 on eBay and a Chinese firm selling knock off copies for $450

Also bear in mind that the Manta is still available and I do not believe they have sold a massive amount of these.

I still hope and believe that at some point a new mold will be produced along the lines of the Barracuda and Tiger shark and keeping FW in the loop that there is still interest cannot hurt.

Bloodknife92
Shas'La

Post#14 » Apr 22 2017 07:12

El'mo wrote:Also bear in mind that the Manta is still available and I do not believe they have sold a massive amount of these.

The Manta is only make-to-order to my knowledge, so FW isn't really losing any money in having it on their store. The Orca on the other hand, was probably not make-to-order, so having stock would cost them money, and if it wasn't selling well when we Tau players couldn't afford it, then they may have evaluated that it be better gone than on the shelf. Still, I, like many others, would love to see the Orca resurface with a new model. I was never fond of the Orca model, so I'd be extatic to see an update for its design, but hopefully not too different from the initial idea.
The days of goodly English is went

jens
Shas

Post#15 » May 24 2017 04:14

bl4ckc00k1e
Shas

Post#16 » May 24 2017 04:42

78 :P

Tash'Myr
Shas

Post#17 » May 24 2017 05:26

Cant believe I hadn't seen this thread. I have always loved this ship, ever since i saw it in the Fire Warrior game. Would love it to be available again, especially now I am more likely to afford one :biggrin:

Panzer
Shas'La

Post#18 » May 24 2017 05:35

So after the initial 50, it didn't even double the number over the course of a month. I don't think this petition will do anything. :D

Return to “General Discussion”