2000 points ETC rules tournament in Paris.

Discuss and develop your army list amongst new players and veterans alike.
Panzer
Shas'Saal

Re: 2000 points ETC rules tournament in Paris.

Post#19 » Nov 14 2017 02:25

Shas' berries wrote:I would definitely change the warlord from the Coldstar. With its speed you are going to outrun your drone protection and could possibly lose him turn 1 if you are not careful about placement.

Just because he is fast doesn't mean you have to move the whole 20-40 inch every time. A mistake many people do with their fast HQs like Coldstar and Daemon Princes.
Stay behind your lines until the right opportunity is there and then move out to claim an objective, shoot something vulnerable, charge something, etc. ;)

Haechi
Shas'Saal

Post#20 » Nov 14 2017 03:48

Panzer wrote:
Shas' berries wrote:I would definitely change the warlord from the Coldstar. With its speed you are going to outrun your drone protection and could possibly lose him turn 1 if you are not careful about placement.

Just because he is fast doesn't mean you have to move the whole 20-40 inch every time. A mistake many people do with their fast HQs like Coldstar and Daemon Princes.
Stay behind your lines until the right opportunity is there and then move out to claim an objective, shoot something vulnerable, charge something, etc. ;)

Exactly. It's particuarly good around the end game. I often start hoarding up cards I know I'll be able to score later, like a far objective, behind enemy lines, etc., and then at the end of the game, you just zoom there with your Coldstar and combo up.

Arka0415
Shas'Ui
Shas'Ui

Post#21 » Nov 14 2017 07:09

Haechi wrote:
Panzer wrote:

Exactly. It's particuarly good around the end game. I often start hoarding up cards I know I'll be able to score later, like a far objective, behind enemy lines, etc., and then at the end of the game, you just zoom there with your Coldstar and combo up.

In the early game, keep him within 10" or 15" of a Devilfish. When you disembark those Drones you absolutely want the Coldstar to show up and give them all +1 to hit.

Haechi
Shas'Saal

Post#22 » Nov 15 2017 03:42

Arka0415 wrote:
Haechi wrote:
Panzer wrote:Just because he is fast doesn't mean you have to move the whole 20-40 inch every time. A mistake many people do with their fast HQs like Coldstar and Daemon Princes.

In the early game, keep him within 10" or 15" of a Devilfish. When you disembark those Drones you absolutely want the Coldstar to show up and give them all +1 to hit.

With 40" move you can always come in range of them when they disembark.

Return to “Cadre Building”