Conversion Ideas: Star Wars Imperials Tau/SM & Gundam Ta

General discussions about the hobby side to Tau & 40K.
Aun'o Vior'la Savon Ol'Ro
Shas

Conversion Ideas: Star Wars Imperials Tau/SM & Gundam Ta

Post#1 » Aug 11 2006 11:09

So I've been thinking for a while that it'd be cool to make a Completely converted, themed army, most likely for the Tau!

So one Idea was to make a Star Wars themed army, based on the original trilogy (Episodes 4,5,& 6) as the Imperials. Or any maybe 1,2,3.

I think that the Tau would be great for this, seeing as the have advanced weaponry, and such. Piaranhas as Land Speeders, FW as Storm Troopers, Devilfish as Droid Carriers, etc.

Or a SM army, using the commander with a power weapon, and converting him to Darth Vader and using a Light Saber to represent the power weapon, with a bolt pistol of some kind on his belt.

The Tactical Marines could be Storm Troopers, and the Land Speeders, be Land Speeders, and such.

Or Use IG, and use walker as walkers, storm troopers as storm troopers, etc.

I realized that you could take either side of the Star Wars universe, in either of the 2 trilogies, and make it into an army, using Kroot as Wookies, using FW as battle Droids, etc. So I'd really have to decide on a firm base to work from.

I just like the Tau, and thought that their advanced weapons would represent the Sci-fi style of Star Wars, what would you suggest?

Also I thought of using the Tau Crisis suits as Gundams, etc. Which might work, but I'd have to work out the idea more.

So what do you think would work best with the rules, minis, etc.?

It's just every time I look at the Imperials, I think of like 3 different armies I could use to represent them, and then I realize that the Rebels would be fun to do too. So which do you think would work best?

(I'd have to re-name some stuff, and do things like, count a pulse carbine as a..um... whatever they are, those laser guns they use. :-? It's been a while since I watched the movies....)

C&C appreciated!
Celestial Commander Hot-blooded Keen-eyed Bright Mind

faol
Shas

Post#2 » Aug 11 2006 11:23

WOW I was thinking the same thing lastnight here are my thoughts

IG cadian stormtroopers would make great stormtroopers while the Basic guard would make for a cool imperial trooper (those guys in the charcoal gray suits and helms.)

even tau done in a stormtrooper color theme would look cool or as the republic clone army (the 501st)

you could model some pathfinders as the republic commandos from the game (Boss, Sev, Scortch and one other I cant remember his name)

Space marines would make good looking Darktrooper (so would Tau stealth suits)

Necrons would make an interesting Sepratist Droid army.

As for te gundams :D you just need to find the right model scale and do some good planing to have them mesh well (a few tau players believe gundam and tau should not mix.) I'm not one of those but shhhhhhhhhh :crafty:
Burst Cannons Take Aim!

Shas

Post#3 » Aug 11 2006 11:38

Yeah I've heard about the Tau/Gundam thing,...I sort of understand why you'd want to keep them seperate, but If someone who feels strongly against the merge could explain it, that'd help.

And were you thinking that I/whomever wishs to make a Star Wars army should use those models and maybe convert them to look like their Star Wars look-a-likes and use the FW rules from the Tau Empire Codex or what?

Yeah those sound like good choices, btw!

faol
Shas

Post#4 » Aug 11 2006 11:44

If your good at converting why not give it a shot or you could just use the color schemes from said starwars factions :) either way I think they'd look cool
Burst Cannons Take Aim!

Shas

Post#5 » Aug 11 2006 11:54

Well, I'm still working on my Tau Army, but maybe after I get a decent amount....

(I bought the Battle force, and some more guys so right now I have:

1 Crisis Suit [no commander bitz :::( ]
O'Shovah
Aun'shi {ethereal}

12 Firewarriors
12 Kroot Carnivores

3 Stealth Suits
9 gun Drone
1 Markerlight drone

1 Devilfish
5 Pathifinder{2 with rail rifles}
1 Sky Ray {Which comes with the Hammerhead sprue, so I've basically got both})

So once I get some more FW's, maybe a parhana, some more XV's and some Broadsides, then maybe I'll have the time to get going with the Star Wars Idea.

I wonder if anyone else has done it yet....?

If not I'll be the first, unless you beat me to it Faol!

Bob the Avenger
Shas

Post#6 » Aug 11 2006 11:55

maybe use the Guard as rebels. but I like the tau as Imperials.
Life, Liberty, and the pursuit of Chicken

Davian
Shas

Post#7 » Aug 11 2006 12:21

One thing I'd love to see is a Tau army themed after the Covenant from Halo.

faol
Shas

Post#8 » Aug 11 2006 12:55

Only time will tell Savon I've recently (over the past few months) have started tau as well (working on my second team of night ops FW)

So we'll see ;) May the paint be with you :)
Burst Cannons Take Aim!

Fal'Shia Mont'Ka Vendrak
Shas

Post#9 » Aug 11 2006 06:04

If you want I can upload some pictures of my Veteran Vior'La Firewarrior Team tomorrow (right now it's a bit late). Their colour scheme is based on the Stormtroopers (with the exception of their red markings).
If it interests you ;)
Ah, yes, mere infantry - poor beggars... - Plautus

O'dec
Kor

Post#10 » Aug 11 2006 06:48

i was just thinking a bout that too, but my idea was a inquistion force with stormtroopers as stormtroopers and an inquistidor as darth vadar or any of the darths.

Return to “Common Workbench”