Long time reader first time poster

Tell us about yourself, and find out more about our other members.
raven129
Shas'Saal

Long time reader first time poster

Post#1 » Apr 12 2017 08:03

Real first name: Alex

Age and gender: 29 man child

How did you get into wargaming? When everyone stopped playing Dungeons and Dragons at my high school and began playing 40k.

How did you get into Tau? I saw the Pathfinder Rail Rifle when they first came out and said, "hey that looks like a cool army... I bet they're great against Space Marines."

What would be your second piece of advice (after "read the freakin' rules") to a new Tau player? No one tactic works for every situation, just play the game a bit and find out what works for you.

What is your Tau colour scheme? It has evolved from originally being Geoff Hall's (he had an army created for GW and featured on their website 10 plus years ago) army's paint scheme to something more earthly. Green and white.

How did you find this site/the old site, and how long have you been a member? I used to read articles on the old site and figured I should join. I joined yesterday.

What are the origins of your ATT username? There's no Tau origin, but the name is Rambo's code name.

Have you reviewed the ATT Membership & Forum Rules? Yes

Where and how often do you usually play? I used to play once a week but it's been difficult. Now I just play when I can.

Do you have any other armies, for 40K or another system? The greater good or death.

What is your favourite and least favourite army to play against? Space marines are my favorite as all my friends used to play SM and I setup my army to be anti SM.

What is your best and worst 40K moment? My best moment is right now when I realized I have been playing 40k for over 10 years. My worst is every time I move and find one of my models has completely broken.

What does/do your family/significant other/friends think about your 'funny toys'? My wife is indifferent toward my modeling, but always likes to see the finished work. My son just wants to pull them apart (he's 4).

What are some of you other interests? I am an outdoors person (which might sound strange for this hobby). I ski, I shoot, and I spend time with the fam

Do you have any pets? Two corgis

What is your favourite band? The one around my left ring finger?

What is your sense of humor like? I am very sarcastic and playful. Please don't let my playful and sarcastic nature offend you (if it does I'll stop)

TauMan
Shas'Ui
Shas'Ui

Re: Long time reader first time poster

Post#2 » Apr 12 2017 03:11

Welcome raven129!

Nice to have another member of the U.S. Army on this forum - HUAAAAH! :fear:

So faction do you play? The Tau Empire loyalist, or freedom loving rebels of the Farsight Enclaves?

TauMan
Former Medical NCO 91B20 Gulf War era myself.
HUAAAAH! :fear:
Viro’los gu brath!
N.Y.A.B.X.T.T.

raven129
Shas'Saal

Post#3 » Apr 12 2017 05:08

I'm a fascist so I am an empire loving loyalist. Hooah!

TauMan
Shas'Ui
Shas'Ui

Post#4 » Apr 12 2017 09:08

raven129 wrote:I'm a fascist so I am an empire loving loyalist. Hooah!

Well, not to sway your loyalty to Aun'Va or anything, but...

Back in the day Mel Gibson did a movie with this fine imitation of Commander Farsight (if he were a human and wore a kilt)

TauMan
Dae sway a wee bit then? ;)
Viro’los gu brath!
N.Y.A.B.X.T.T.

Tael
Fio'O
Fio'O

Post#5 » Apr 13 2017 08:51

Welcome Raven, good to have long time readers aboard 'The Orbital'

Look forward to your input in tactics and well, modelling for certain, being my bias :D

Anyhow, a lot of Shas stuff going on about here, so I"m back to my Fio cave!

raven129
Shas'Saal

Post#6 » Apr 16 2017 09:52

TauMan wrote:
raven129 wrote:I'm a fascist so I am an empire loving loyalist. Hooah!

Well, not to sway your loyalty to Aun'Va or anything, but...

Back in the day Mel Gibson did a movie with this fine imitation of Commander Farsight (if he were a human and wore a kilt)

TauMan
Dae sway a wee bit then? ;)

I seem to recall it not ending too well for William Wallace. I suppose we should make the same example of O'Shovah. Send his limbs to the far reaches of the galaxy and mount his head on T'au. Lol

TauMan
Shas'Ui
Shas'Ui

Post#7 » Apr 16 2017 12:03

raven129 wrote:I seem to recall it not ending too well for William Wallace. I suppose we should make the same example of O'Shovah. Send his limbs to the far reaches of the galaxy and mount his head on T'au. Lol

Such is the price of... FREEEEEEEEEEEEEEDOM!

The TauMan
Viro’los gu brath!
N.Y.A.B.X.T.T.

Return to “Membership Profiles”